Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the first few months my Zip worked beautifully! I had no problems with the battery or steps being recorded. However I have had problems ever since my first battery died and I replaced it. The battery will only last a few weeks, days, or minutes! Then I will see the low battery signal. But even more aggravating than replacing the expensive battery...is that my steps will regularly disappear. Each day my screen will show that I have reached my steps; however, once I sync my Zip...it shows 0 steps for that day. Or throughout the day, my Zip will reset to 0, deleting all of my previous steps. This is infuriating when I have logged over 20,000 steps over several days and NOTHING syncs!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @ACCastillo! Thanks for sharing your experience and for all the steps you took before posting here. 

This is an odd situation, your Zip should not be clearing your steps all of a sudden. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the The Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent.  The process can be followed here.

I  hope this helps 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip is doing the exact same thing. Every time I synch it wipes out all data. I just lost another 11,000 steps for today and all steps from the last week. Tried following the steps in the earlier post but it did not help. This is very frustrating. Not to mention the 5-6 batteries a month I go through. It's not even worth it anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @Drainey! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip. I appreciate that you have let me know the troubleshooting you have done before posting here. 

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf. You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

P.S. In the meantime, make sure to check out the Warranty Policies

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for responding. I took the battery out and checked the spring but it is fine. I put the same battery in and it hasn't reset steps back to zero. I'll know if the steps have been saved when I upload my steps on my computer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @ACCastillo! I appreciate that you have let me know this. To investigate further, can you please let me know: 

• Is this data carry on for more than one day? 
  • Is the issue continuing after checking the spring?
  • Can you please attach a screenshot of the incorrect data? 

I look forward for your reply! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Lucy,

• I was losing steps over multiple days. Any steps taken between the last sync of my Zip and the time that the battery "went out" were lost.
  • I checked the spring. Nothing was wrong with it. I haven't lost any steps since I messaged on June 3.
  • I first noticed that my zip was deleting steps on Thursday, May 10. I was in a step challenge for work and I was discussing steps with a coworker when I noticed that I had zero steps for the day. Aside from my regular steps, I walked over half a mile to an event and from the event and I walked 4 miles on my treadmill. When I synced my zip the next day, I noticed that I also lost many of my steps from Wednesday, May 9.Missing Steps May 9-10.jpg
  • As my battery would blink low and go off and then on again I lost steps in the evenings throughout May but never more than what I ran/walked in the evening... until May 27 and 28. I lost both of these days.Missing Steps May 27-28.jpg
  • I finally emailed when I lost a few steps from Wednesday, May 29 and ALL of my steps from May 30 - June 2. Missing Steps May 30-June2.jpg

I hope these are the screen shots that you were requesting. Please let me know if you need more information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply and for all the information and pictures provided @ACCastillo! I appreciate all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. To better help you, I've created a case for you. Please keep an eye to your inbox at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes