Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the battery is decreasing my step count :(

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I have found that when I replace the battery on my zip I lose a bunch of my steps from that day, anyone else?

I just changed my battery now and lost about 3000 steps, and then it synced to the new lower amount on my iphone app.  When I look at the steps on my dashboard, according to the Fitbit I haven't moved in the last two hours which is wrong!

This is the second time it's happened now, is there a way of getting my steps back?  Or preventing this from happening?

My batteries are also only lasting a couple of weeks, which I see other people are finding as well, but batteries are cheap so I'll just keep buying them haha.

Thanks,

Lisa

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

i am with you, this battery only lasted about three weeks, that stinks. i am not going to pay to replace the battery every couple of weeks, plus all the hassle.

Best Answer

I was losing battery charge and replacing frequently too. I changed syncing from all day automatic to manual. Battery life hugely improved. Can't speak to losing steps when change battery. It hasn't happened to me. 

Best Answer

I will definitely change my syncing to manual as that's a great idea anyway, but my first battery lasted 6 months with automatic syncing on so this battery issue is something else I think!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome tip @BBBarlow308! Nice to see you here @lisashaw85 and @gpeitech! To ensure that your tracker is working properly, please restart it. Also, check that the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes