Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4: Calories incorrect on first set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I set up my new Fitbit charge 4 this morning and it’s already saying I’ve burned 615 calories, despite it having only been on my wrist for 5 minutes! Is this incorrect and how do I reset this?  It’s also saying I’ve burned 1335 calories per day for the last 2 weeks....help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CathyOT , and welcome to Fitbit!

Don't worry, your fitbit is working just fine.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing for today includes the total BMR calories burned since they reset at midnight. The 1335 per day is the total BMR calories for the day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @CathyOT , and welcome to Fitbit!

Don't worry, your fitbit is working just fine.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing for today includes the total BMR calories burned since they reset at midnight. The 1335 per day is the total BMR calories for the day.

Best Answer