Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different results jogging versus walking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I get more recorded steps and mileage when walking and jogging than just walking the same route. Why? Am I not setting my Zip correctly? Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ram1946 I'm glad to see you on the Forums! Smiley Happy

It's great to know that you're using Fitbit to get more information about your workouts. You have a good point  there since we need to check some details about accuracy, including your Settings. Please check the settings on your Fitbit tracker and make sure to have the correct information about what wrist you're wearing your Fitbit. 

When walking or running make sure that your Fitbit is not too loose or this might give you some extra credit since it will be moving a little bit more when jogging. You can read more about Fitbit accuracy here. We not always run or walk in the same way, even when you're walking the same distance every day; but the difference shouldn't be that much. Now, distance is determine by your steps or the GPS information that your tracker or App records, so let's check if your step count is accurate to determine if the miles are okay as well.

How many more steps are you getting? Is it too different every day?

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ram1946 I'm glad to see you on the Forums! Smiley Happy

It's great to know that you're using Fitbit to get more information about your workouts. You have a good point  there since we need to check some details about accuracy, including your Settings. Please check the settings on your Fitbit tracker and make sure to have the correct information about what wrist you're wearing your Fitbit. 

When walking or running make sure that your Fitbit is not too loose or this might give you some extra credit since it will be moving a little bit more when jogging. You can read more about Fitbit accuracy here. We not always run or walk in the same way, even when you're walking the same distance every day; but the difference shouldn't be that much. Now, distance is determine by your steps or the GPS information that your tracker or App records, so let's check if your step count is accurate to determine if the miles are okay as well.

How many more steps are you getting? Is it too different every day?

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. My settings appear to be adequate but I will re-check. 

Best Answer

Thanks for checking @ram1946! And you're welcome, we're here to help. You can also double check the accuracy of your Surge, following the accuracy test steps, so we can verify how is this working. Robot Happy

1. Put your Surge on your.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

If your tracker counted less than 100 steps or more than 100, please let us know and we'll see if we can investigate further. Sometimes, when you start walking you may notice that your steps may not update on your tracker right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real-time with each step you take.

Give it a try and let me know how this works for you! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes