Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not going into sleep mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, hoping that someone on here has the same issue as me or can point me in the right direction in regards to a solution.  So basically the issue is that my Zip's display not going into sleep mode after being idle for minutes.  I bought my Zip new about 3 years ago and have never had a problem with it.  After sitting idle for roughly 30 seconds to 1 minute the display would turn off, essentially putting it into sleep mode to conserve battery.  Well, just the other week I saw I had a firmware update and decided to install it without a second thought.  Now, after installing the 5.90 firmware update, my Zip will not go into the sleep mode when sitting idle.  The screen is always on and I have tried everything to resolve this issue.  Taking the battery out and putting it back in to reboot doesn't work.  Deleting the iPhone app and re-installing it doesn't work.  Deleting the Zip from my account the re-associating it doesn't work. 

I've even replaced batteries and checked/cleaned the contacts, nothing is working.  I've come to the conclusion that this issue rests solely in the firmware update, but was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting the Zip to enter sleep mode when idle.  All questions, comments, and solutions are welcome.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok so with the frustration I've encountered with this issue, I've tried multiple ways of getting it back into sleep mode to no avail.  On a hunch I went back to the manual and read it thoroughly, and wouldn't you know it there's one small hidden sentence on page 5 under Inserting the Battery that reads, "The display will remain on for 30 minutes after inserting the battery."  I thought this would be too easy to be the solution, so I tried it and poof my Zip now goes into sleep mode again when sitting idle for roughly 20-30 seconds.  I'm surprised, and slightly disappointed, that Customer Service was unaware of this and didn't give this option as part of the troubleshooting process.  But anyways, my Zip works fine now and I wanted to share what worked for me so that others having this issue can try it for themselves.  Wishing you all the best!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @IcyroxThanks for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Zip. I really appreciate all the time and effort you put to solve this.

Upon checking with Support, I was able to see that you have a case with them. I'm sure that they can help you to solve this and you'll be on track in no time. 

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checking in there, I seem to be having the same issue as lcyrox.  Just installed the 5.90 update on a Zip and now it won't go into sleep mode despite multiple restarts.

We issue these to our research participants, so I guess I'll just hold off on the update until this gets fixed.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so with the frustration I've encountered with this issue, I've tried multiple ways of getting it back into sleep mode to no avail.  On a hunch I went back to the manual and read it thoroughly, and wouldn't you know it there's one small hidden sentence on page 5 under Inserting the Battery that reads, "The display will remain on for 30 minutes after inserting the battery."  I thought this would be too easy to be the solution, so I tried it and poof my Zip now goes into sleep mode again when sitting idle for roughly 20-30 seconds.  I'm surprised, and slightly disappointed, that Customer Service was unaware of this and didn't give this option as part of the troubleshooting process.  But anyways, my Zip works fine now and I wanted to share what worked for me so that others having this issue can try it for themselves.  Wishing you all the best!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @UDPT! Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you performed before posting here. To better assist you, please confirm that you have followed these steps to restart you Zip. Also, let me know if @Icyrox awesome advice worked?

Welcome back! Great job @Icyrox sharing the troubleshooting steps that helped you to solve the issue you were experiencing! 🙂 This can be helpful for other users that might be experiencing the same inconvenient. Please feel free to post back if you need extra help or if you ave more question.

Catch you later! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was it!  Thanks to lcyrox!  After the initial 30 min, sleep mode works just fine.

"I'm surprised, and slightly disappointed, that Customer Service was unaware of this and didn't give this option as part of the troubleshooting process."

I concur lcyrox!!!

Best Answer

Awesome work @Icyrox! 🙂 Thanks for the update @UDPT! I really appreciate that you have shared the solution. This can be beneficial to other users that might be experiencing a similar difficulty. Also, I'd like to thank you for all your feedback about our products and Customer Service. This helps us to keep improving our products and services. 

Now that you are back on track, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes