Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Zip, now damaged display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I dropped my Zip about half a foot onto my counter. Ever since, it does not display anything. I have restarted it at least 10 times and changed the battery. Nothing happens except a random two parallel lines appearing briefly and then disappearing. It synced today after I wore it, but I know the steps were inaccurate by at least 5000. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Bad luck: you might have broken the connections between the tiny circuit board and the display. Those connections are often in the form of a little piece of compressible rubber material filled with conductors that  bridges the gap between the circuit board and the display, at a particular location on both items. If the elastomer is dislodged, the display will malfunction even though the circuit board is still working fine.

If it was really a "half foot" drop, it shouldn't have broken. If it is under warranty, contact Fitbit to see if they have some way to make you happy.

Give the Zip another few days, and see if it properly recovers from the 10 resets you did.

It could very well be working, under typical conditions.

Best Answer

Awesome assist @SunsetRunner! Nice to see you here @dawnaire! If you contacted Support, please stay in contact with them for further help. Just remember to let them know all the troubleshoot you performed before contacting them. Also, take a look to our Warranty policies while you wait for their response.

Keep me posted! 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes