Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Zip Behavior

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have notice recently (one day last week and again yesterday) that my Zip stops recording my activity during the day and just records 10 steps at 5 min. intervals for awhile (several hours yesterday) and then goes back to recording actual activity.  It did this last week during a period when I was actualy jogging so it should have recorded several thousand steps as well as couple of miles of stride).  All lost data.  My weekly progress report is trash.  What's up with that?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forums @mrnimble! I'll be glad to help! 😉 

This is an odd situation, your Zip should not be stop recording your activity. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:zip.png

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Thank you for your interest.  My Zip did not stop entirely - on two different days it stopped recording my "real activity" and for several hours each day it recorded 10 steps every 5 minutes.  Then it would go back to recording what I was really doing.  During the few hours of erroneous  tracking I was "really" moving about, walking, going up and down stairs, taking a nap, etc.  Now the only thing in common with the two days is that I was jogging for about 15 minutes before the peculiar results.  The battery was changed about a month ago.  Inspection shows the battery compartment is secure and the Zip has not gotten wet.  Also, I wear it in the same spot all the time as I have for the past year.  Any other thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.
Best Answer

@mrnimble thanks for getting back to us! It could be that the side spring may be bent as a result of improper battery insertion or pressure being applied to the back housing. Please verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. 

You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed hereLet me know if this helps. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Having the same issues.  Battery removed, replaced, wiped with cotton swab, silver prong checked...all the solutions do not work.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @achughesSmiley Happy

Wow, you've done and excellent job troubleshooting your Zip. If this is still not working fine. We will have to open a case for you. I noticed you contacted our support team a couple of days ago. Please confirm if the issue persist so they can check your warranty options. 

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes