Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FItbit Zip Dongle won't work with USB 3.0?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get the Fitbit connect to recognize that the dongle is plugged in.  I have USB 3.0 and the windows trouble shooter says the dongle is not compatable with 3.0. Any solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@perleys Simple often is the answer. Hoping it keeps on working for you!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@perleysI have USB 3.0 in my desktop and have no problems at all with the dongle.

Remove the dongle. Shut down the computer. Reinsert the dongle. Boot up. It should recognize the dongle and let you sync.

Let us know what happens.

Welcome to the forums.

Best Answer

Such a simple thing to try and it worked!  I will see what happens over the next few days of turning computer on and off but thanks so much for the suggestion!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@perleys Simple often is the answer. Hoping it keeps on working for you!

Best Answer

Tried this and it still doesn't work. The troubleshooter still gives me the message to plug into USB 2.0 and I can't do that because my computer has USB 3.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ohelmerio

What computer and system are you using? iOS or Windows?

Let us know.

Best Answer

Wincows 10 Home

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ohelmeriosince you have Windows 10, you don't need a dongle to sync.

Check the requirements to sync here - click

Let us know what happens.

Best Answer

According to Fitbit I do need the Dongle because my Winows 10 system does not have Bluetooth. After several hours of frustratiion with Fitbit Chat and then searching for information on the internet I was able (with the use of the dongle) to reset and then setup again at 5:00 AM Friday. After that I was able to sync and it seemed to be working. A while ago I tried to sync again. It finds the tracker and begins to sync and then just quits. So far the only benefit I have gotten from my Fitbit is too many hours of frustration. At my age I don't need that and I'm tired of fooling with it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ohelmerio  I forgot people upgrade their operating systems. Mine is still 8.1 and I wasn't sure about going to 10.

You have a smartphone? It might help you to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have a smart phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, in the instructions I was told the Charge three was not compatible with Windows 8.1 but would work with Windows 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ohelmerio  I have a smartphone, so that will help me later down the road when 8.1 is no longer supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes