Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip Continued or Discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my new Fitbit Zip a few months now and love it.  I was going to by another one for a relative but found its no longer available on the Fitbit Site.  Please tell me your not discontinuing it.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the forums @ChetOH 

The Zip has been retired. The new style Inspire has an optional clip, so it is the replacement for the Zip. There are several new styles available that you might want to explore. I'm sure whatever you decide, your family member will be pleased.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
104 REPLIES 104

Hello and welcome to the forums @ChetOH 

The Zip has been retired. The new style Inspire has an optional clip, so it is the replacement for the Zip. There are several new styles available that you might want to explore. I'm sure whatever you decide, your family member will be pleased.

Best Answer

Thank you very much for your information.

Best Answer

I've had a Fitbit for years, I loved the One but it stopped charging a while ago and I haven't used anything for ages. I was looking to buy a One and saw they were discontinued so went online and have just (10 minutes ago) bought a Zip. I'm a bit annoyed now that when I looked on the Fitbit Website and here on the forums I didn't see that they have discontinued the Zip. I was terribly disappointed that the One was no longer available.

When I was looking at the Fitbit Store I couldn't see any mention of The Inspire as a replacement to the Zip/One as I would have bought it direct from yourselves as I have done previously. I guess I'm angry at myself for not wading through the forum and not really looking at the Fitbit Store properly. May I suggest you 'Flag Up' replacement devices because not everyone wants to or indeed can wear something on their wrist 24/7.

The reason I went with a Fitbit again as opposed to any other tracker was the Customer Service (which I found to be excellent) the Forums and the brilliant Dashboard. I'm not disappointed that I will be getting a new Fitbit just disappointed that it was not really the one I wanted. Sorry for moaning Smiley Happy

Best Answer

So, is this the reason why so many of us with the Zip are having so much trouble with syncing?  Forcing us to get another model?

Best Answer

Reports say the Inspire replaces the Alta, Alta HR, Zip, One and Flex 2.  A little sad to see the Zip go, its been a mainstay of Fitbit from the early days.  I've worn one for many years.  But everything changes and the Inspire sounds interesting.  It is well priced too.  Of course there is no absolute need to replace your Zip unless you want to.  I appreciate the support that Fitbit gave to the iconic Zip, it built the company into what it is today.

Best Answer

WHAT?!?! The Fitbit Zip is discontinued?? So sad :'( - It is /was a great reliable product. I also don't want to wear another bracelet -type of tracker

Best Answer

I wore the fitbit one and then the zip. sorry to see you no longer have a product I can wear in my pocket or pants.  I will not wear one of the bracelets. when my zip dies it will be bye bye unless you come up with something I can put in my pocket.  The Inspire does not replace it, that is worn on the wrist. 

Best Answer

Hi @pattinorthport 

The Inspire has an optional clip that allows you to wear it like the One or the Zip. It was made for those who didn't want a wrist based device. Have you checked it out?

Best Answer

Really? No. I just saw pictures of it & did not read up on it. I will check it out. Thanks.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked out the inspire and glad you suggested I look into it.  I am surprised they do not advertise more that it can be clipped on your pants or belt.  So many one and zip users are looking for an alternative.  ps clip is back ordered until August, but I found one on Amazon that ships right away.  Thanks again.

Best Answer

On top of the Inspire being more expensive than the Zip, so too is the clip at least twice the price as those for the Zip.  Lovely money making move.  Also, the Zip didn't need to be constantly charged.  A battery lasting only five days means yet another charger has to be carried around should you be away from home for more than a few days.  Will be considering other options.

Best Answer

The Inspire has a clip you can buy. For whatever reason my Zip won't respond to show me steps, calories, etc. I can only get the smiley face. It didn't count all of my steps yesterday either and none so far today. Battery is full. I love my Zip and don't want to have to buy something else. 

Best Answer

Have you tried to reboot it? I did buy the inspire and got the clip, and
it works well. I cannot wear the wrist band and really wanted to keep the
fitbit to compete with my friends. If I were going to do the wrist band I
would just use my apple watch.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you like the Inspire? To charge it would have to be taken out of clip, I assume. Have you ever just had it in your pocket? I loved my Zip, only had to change battery every 3 months and since I put in, 30k -35k+, steps per day I'm afraid I would be charging the Inspire quite often and wear out the clip. Thank you for any input. 

Best Answer
Hi,

I do like the inspire. It does have to be taken off the bracelet (easy but
make sure you order the right one, there is 2. I think it is the not high
def, or the less expensive one). I do about 9,000 steps per day. I would
say I have to charge it every 4 or 5 days but it has never gone below 50%
power. I took in into NYC and did about 40,000 steps in 3 days and it was
still 3/4 charged. I do put it in my pocket. I bought the case on Amazon.
This was the only alternative to the Zip or ONE.
Good luck!

--
Patti

Patricia Gosman
Associate Real Estate Broker
Signature Premier Properties
180 Main Street
Northport NY 11768
c 516-297-0090
o 631-754-3600
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did Fitbit send you info that the ZIP was retired?   I didn't get anything. 

Best Answer
No. I went to buy another one & found out that way.

Sent from my iPhone
Patti Gosman
180 Main Street
Northport NY 11768
C 516-297-0090
O 631-754-3600
Best Answer
0 Votes

But that doesn’t mean we can use it like the zip, just putting in one’s pocket

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do. I put it in my pocket or attach to my pants.

--
Patti

Patricia Gosman
180 Main Street
Northport NY 11768
c 516-297-0090
o 631-754-3600
Best Answer