Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip batteries

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Zip since the end of October, and it needs a second fresh battery.  It looks like the firmware is current, but I am not getting the 4-6 months of battery life as expected. At this point, I wish I had bought a rechargeable fitbit. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

My first battery only lasted a couple months, the one I have in now has been in since last October and is still showing full charge.  Are you synching your Zip with your phone by Bluetooth?  If you are you can conserve battery life by not letting it synching automatically all the time.

Fitbit Zip

If you find your answer, be sure to mark it as a solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

When you manually force a sync through the little icon on the task bar, there is an option on the lower left that says "check for device update." 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
57 REPLIES 57

My first battery only lasted a couple months, the one I have in now has been in since last October and is still showing full charge.  Are you synching your Zip with your phone by Bluetooth?  If you are you can conserve battery life by not letting it synching automatically all the time.

Fitbit Zip

If you find your answer, be sure to mark it as a solution!

Best Answer

I will try that and see if it helps.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
My zip has gone through a battery every three months almost exactly, ever since the beginning...although updating the firmware used up the "last" of one battery, though. Yes, the more frequently you sync the more battery it will use. I guess I'm lucky then that my phone isn't compatible! Though one can always just turn off bluetooth to stop the thing from syncing so often.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just replace my "this Christmas" battery.... not even 2 months. 

Maybe I'm not using the optimum settings...???

I notice on the Synch screen on my app, I have "All-Day-Synch" turned on, though my fitbit only updates with the app when I initiate the process.  Should I have this off?

Also, I notice advice to keep the firmware up to date, could anyone point me towards instructions for doing this.

thanks

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have only had my fitbit Zip since December.  I got a low battery message a month ago.   since then I have put in 3 batteries.  I am unable to get it to display the right time, need to punch it with my fist to respond and now have another low battery symbol displayed.  I am at a loss on what to do to get this working again.

BethP

Best Answer

I had this same problem: on my third battery since January. I contacted Tech Support and after going through a few checkpoints, they just sent me a completely new Zip, no charge.  Can't get better than that.

Best Answer

When you manually force a sync through the little icon on the task bar, there is an option on the lower left that says "check for device update." 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I'm about to follow that simple but APPRECIATED advice 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit battery lasted 3 weeks and now it won't sync.  I'm thinking this wasn't such a good purchase.

Best Answer
I wrote to fitbit and they sent me a replacement device, which works like a
dream!
Best Answer
0 Votes
That does slow down use, but not by much. It seems to go through batteries much faster than predicted.
Best Answer

My FitBit Zip is doing the same thing. I can't stand it. I've put three batteries in it in the last 4 months. There's got to be something wrong.

Best Answer

Could you post the addess you wrote to, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The company sent me a new one when I emailed them and the second one is
fine.
Best Answer

I bought my FitBit Zip 7 days ago and it already needs a new battery. Firmware is updated to version 86. So thats not the issue. I am quite annoyed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What you did to solve the problem? I have mine since august/2014 and I already change the battery 4 times and nobody helped with this issue. I already update the firmware and nothing. Tks
Best Answer
0 Votes
Currently no display 😞 But that maybe because I dropped it last week while travelling.... I'm so sorry I have no answer for you - before latest incident, I had just put in new batteries and hoped for the best.

I think one of my early problems may have been that I kept checking it OFTEN to see my progress.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit and they replaced the whole thing, free and no shipping
charge. The second one worked fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes