Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip battery draining issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone currently having issues with battery draining on a Fitbit Zip? Mine is a real problem and currently the batteries are lasting several DAYS only! I previously contacted Customer support and my issue was not resolved they just said they weren't aware of this issue with anyone else using a Samsung Galaxy android phone. I have to get this sorted it is costing me an arm and a leg. Surely the issue isn't the phone anyway, the battery is showing empty on the actual Zip not just on the App.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I have the same battery issue.  Sometimes I am only getting a few days out of the battery.   

I hope they resolve this issue or I will go back to garmen 

Best Answer

Same! Bought new batteries just today. One is lasting only about a week

Best Answer

I've been having the issue for a few weeks now

Best Answer

At most battery is lasting a week. Put a new battery in last Wednesday before traveling. It stopped syncing by Sunday and now on Tuesday the screen is completely blank (even though app says the battery is full. About to call Fitbit but based on these other posts, not hopeful.

Best Answer

Yes. I’m on my 3rd better this month.   Also today my sun hung not working.  Had 5000 steps then sucked and shows 35 steps.   Hope this gets resolved soon.

Oops. Typos.  Synchronize not working. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I've had the issue before. I bought a new zip. Sometimes you can get them at ebay or other sale sites.

sometimes I have wiped the battery clean before I install.

get another zip (try ebay)

Best Answer
Ive only had mine since Christmas. Bought 4 batteries already
Best Answer

The only thing to draw you to fitbit is the community.

This may be why they are discontinuing zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I changed the battery a week ago and the battery icon on the Zip is flashing. The first time I changed the battery the zip wouldn't turn on. I put in another new battery and it turned on but I lost my steps. Thankfully it was early in the morning and I hadn't logged many steps. The most frustrating thing is that my online profile showed the battery as fully charged.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 but I know the two aren't related because the app on my phone stopped working about a year ago.

Best Answer
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Almost losing patience with my Zip now it just continues to be an issue and Fitbit not acknowledging the issue even though I'm clearly not the only one with who it's happening to. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
I am unfortunately fed up with my zip👎 since the battery draining, it now
periodically will not count steps. Today it tracked 0 steps but I burned
1000 calories!?

Sarah Thames
Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess I'm glad not alone in this issue, planned obsolescence? Seems when they stop making a product it stops working great after that, that's what happened to my one. W zip last bat for 3 weeks this one 2 days counts sporadically or starts new count batteryflashing 10% tested it and this and last on are full?

Best Answer

I find it very odd that this would suddenly start fir all of us. I agree. I feel they probably released a software update that has done this.  They want to have Fitbit watches only.  So be it.  Hello Apple Watch.

Mine started the no steps counting as well.  I will have a days worth of steps that will also randomly go back to zero.  Very disappointed in FITBit.  I’m sure this will happen with their watches next.

Best Answer

Have also had this issue.

And now my zip won’t sync or register at all, even though the app says battery full.  I re-set the battery but that didn’t help. And tapping the device does nothing. Suggestions?

Best Answer

Take battery out and make sure back is clean.  Log out of app and re log in. I had that issue too. 

Best Answer

Customer support had me do all that while on the phone with them - it made no difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Batteries only last a couple of days.....when first got the Zip they would last 4 to 5 months!!! Not very happy. Can't someone fix this issue!!!.....THANK YOU

Best Answer

I've tried everything I can find online to try to resolve this and what everyone here has mentioned, I cant call fitbit i work those hours, I'm not on Twitter,  cant wear watch at work.  Can any fitbit personal respond to this thread? Obviously there is a recent problem with zip

Best Answer
Hi there,I sympathise with you. I have already had discussions with Fitbit about this issue and I haven't made any progress, I think more people need to report this to them and maybe then they will do something. I realise its awkward when at work but I have managed by using ONLINE CHAT with them instead of phoning. You could also try e mailing them.Thank you.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer