Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip battery life

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit zip battery needs to be changed every 2-3 wks. The only thing it tracks is steps, so what is draining the battery life? I’ve tried other Fitbit styles, and prefer the Zip for it’s accuracy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kathleen2  be sure you have the latest firmware for your Zip. Many Zip users say they only get name brand batteries and do well with them. It depends on how you use the Zip, how often you sync, etc because the more you use it, the faster the battery will drain. Try monitoring it and see how long the different brands last and let us know.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Kathleen2  be sure you have the latest firmware for your Zip. Many Zip users say they only get name brand batteries and do well with them. It depends on how you use the Zip, how often you sync, etc because the more you use it, the faster the battery will drain. Try monitoring it and see how long the different brands last and let us know.

Best Answer
I try to sync every day so I don’t lose steps, as I don’t always get a warning of low battery. I’ll take note to use name brands. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I average about 6months of use on a battery.  I wear my Zip pretty much 24/7

Best Answer
Great! Just started w/ a fresh battery, and hoping for similar results. Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, you want to ensure you’re using the correct numbered battery for the Zip..

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Odyssey13.

How do you check and/or update the firmware?  My Zip is paired with my iPad as I have never managed to get it to pair with my iMac.  I use named batteries, usually Duracell or Energiser, but am now only getting six days per brand new branded battery!

I read elsewhere that one should check the Settings, but I have no idea where they are or what I should change.

Do you have any advice on either of those points?

Thanks in advance.

NW UK
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have issues with my Zip battery draining.  I tried the suggestions given on how to replace the battery by bending up the contacts??  It still didn't help.  I have had my Zip for 2-3 years and stopped using it for about half that time because of this issue..

i have used Energizer and Duracell batteries..same result..10 days max.  The "Always connected" toggle is always disconnected.  I resync when a battery is replaced.

Do I have a defective product??

Best Answer
I switched off automatic syncing with my iPad a while since after experiencing appalling battery life (and no help from FitBit) and my ZIP battery life went from a week or so to a couple of months.

I only sync every few days and that seems to work for me.
NW UK
Best Answer

Same problem here, fed up, with replacing batteries but just Don’t like the other models

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you update firmware? 

Best Answer
I’ve switched off auto-syncing and battery life is substantially improved. I now sync manually every three or four days.
NW UK
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, I’ll give it a try, thank you

Joan
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to get several months use out of a battery for my Fitbit Zip. But in the past year it’s more like 2-3 weeks.

My Zip is pretty old, so that’s probably why. I wish I could buy a new one—Zip. I don’t care for the new wristbands and watches. I like the pocket, simple Zip. Please make that available!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too..that is exactly what happened.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Rubbish isn’t it and I really like the Fitbit

Joan
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you switch off autosyncing? I cant even find it on the app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kwongsteur  there is no way to turn off autosync. If you log out of the app, it won't try to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes