Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip blues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I have been dealing with an issue with the Fitbit Zip, the battery lasts 2-3 days before it dies.  It is a CR2025 battery that should last 6 months.  I called in to tech support about a month ago and they troubleshot the device and made the decision to send me a new one.  Well the new one is doing the same thing so I called support today and this is what they told me:  They have been having an issue with the Fitbit Zip and iOS devices since last August and there is no fix at the current time.  They asked me to update the Fitbit app and put in a fresh battery (another one!!??!!, I have burned through 10-11 batteries just trying to keep this working) and that may help the problem. They also suggested I sync with another device (I do not have another mobile device to sync to).  I then asked for a exchange to an item that I could use that would hold a charge and sync with my iOS device and they said they would not take back the zip.  So I assume there must be a solution to this problem or the community would be up in arms!  Can someone please tell me what they are doing to use their Zip with an iOS device????

I just want a solution so I can use what I bought to do what it is supposed to do....please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

My zip kept indicating the battery was low despite being less than a week old.  I got a new battery and that gave the same low battery indication after two days.  Then I took the battery out and put it back in a dozen times.  Eventually I put the original battery back in and it has been working for about 2 months.  The problem now is that it won't sync with my phone.  I have installed and uninstalled the app several times and taken the battery out and I several times.  The zip still counts the steps but the phone can't find the tracker to sync.  It had synced with the phone occasionally in the past, but not in the last week.  It has never been able to sync with my desktop.  I am very disappointed with the zip. My fitbit one lasted 6 years with no problems at all.  I would have replaced it with a new One, but they no longer offer it and have this crumby device instead.  I would keep trying the old batteries.  I think they work better than the zip though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Rodanst6 and @Zxcvbnmasdfghjk! Nice to see you here! I wanted to thank you for all your time and effort you have invested to solve this. Also, I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

@Rodanst6 I had a similar situation when I added my new Zip to my account. At the begging, it was giving me some weird readings. Even when my Zip was brand new, I was still receiving low battery readings and a low battery icon in my Zip. What I did, was setting it up as a new device again. This worked as a charm. 😉 You can follow this Setup Guide for further help. 

@Zxcvbnmasdfghjk In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. You can check out this post by @vomitofthemind.

Let me know the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes