Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Zip not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've search the forum for this problem and tried everything suggested, including trying from my android and my computer, restarting everything, deleting the Zip and adding it again, starting and restarting my bluetooth. Nothing. It says it can't locate it and it's on and sitting right next to me. I need a firmware update apparently, but when I try to do it, it says it can't connect w Zip. Thanks in advance, help! Joni

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have the same problem it goes to HTTP error, I believe the update is no longer on the server.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @blew888, and @jlmihura! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip. I appreciate all the investigation and troubleshoot you have performed before posting here. 

Please, confirm that you have followed Why can't I update my Fitbit device?, and make sure that your phone is listed on the Supported Devices List.

I look forward for your reply! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Hi, unfortunately your response is telling me to do the very thing I posted
as the problem, updating the Firmware. Joni

*Joni L Mihura, PhD*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have tried the website "Why Can't I update my Fitbit device", this is a server problem where the update is not available on the server and cannot download.  This is why I see an HTTP error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @jlmihura, and @blew888! I appreciate that you have confirmed the suggested troubleshooting. To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf

You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer