Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Step Count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I generally get on an exercise step machine which displays the 400 steps that I do in 4 minutes.  But my Zip under counts those steps and also labels them as "light" as opposed to "intense".  It's a more intense workout than walking and is comparable to climbing 400 stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @Rangerfan! Like all Fitbit trackers, Zip is designed specifically for step-based activities like walking and running, though it will still give you credit for other fitness activities to present a full picture of your overall health. Keep in mind that if the threshold is not met, the motion won’t be counted as a step.

You can manually log activities that Zip won't track well (like cycling, yoga or your step machine) from your Fitbit account if you'd like a more accurate calorie and distance summary from your Zip. You can find more information here about How to manually log an activity.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for stopping by @Rangerfan! Like all Fitbit trackers, Zip is designed specifically for step-based activities like walking and running, though it will still give you credit for other fitness activities to present a full picture of your overall health. Keep in mind that if the threshold is not met, the motion won’t be counted as a step.

You can manually log activities that Zip won't track well (like cycling, yoga or your step machine) from your Fitbit account if you'd like a more accurate calorie and distance summary from your Zip. You can find more information here about How to manually log an activity.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer