Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate steps and weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I activated my Fitbit Zip on 1 June 2018. I wanted to start at the beginning of a new month. However, my dashboard is showing steps for the previous day and I didn’t use it until the next morning. Since it is showing lower than my usual daily count, it is skewing my averages. How do I fix this? Note: I added daily activity for the equivalent of my steps that day (based on my old tracker) but, I should not have had any steps recorded for Thursday.

Also, my weight isn’t showing accurately. I logged the starting weight as xxx.4 (using real numerals for the x’s) but the weight is showing as xxx.9. So, now that I logged my new weight, it should show a loss of 1.1 pounds, but the dashboard shows a loss of 0.8 pounds.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip tracker and the weight feature. I appreciate all the info you have provided and for the troubleshooting you have tried before posting here. 

To better assist you, please let me know the following: 

• Is your Zip new or it was a gift?
  • Did you use it before pairing it to your account?
  • Is the timezone correct

Regarding your weight, you can edit your weight logs: 

Fitbit App: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Weight tile. 
  2. Tap the weight log you want to edit or delete.
  3. To edit tap the incorrect amount or the three dots and find an option to delete the weight log.

Fitbit.com Dashboard: 

1. Log into your Fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. Click Log.
  3. Click the  Weight tab.
  4. Scroll down to the Measurement History section and click the trash can icon next to the weight if you want to remove it or the pencil to edit it.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zip is new, not a gift. I did use it before pairing to an account. I didn't know it would record and use those steps. I guess I will have to live with it 8-)

The weight is recorded exactly as I mentioned, but the dashboard is not showing it as recorded..

Edit: the graph shows the correct values, but the weight tile does not

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @SunsetRunner! If you'd like to negate this steps you can manually log a driving activity to do so. To read more about this, check out the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Regarding your weight logs, you can try deleting your weight and adding it again, by following the steps described in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities? If this doesn't help, attach a picture so I can investigate further.

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes