Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I walked this morning and my fitbit showed 3328 steps.  I walked again the next hour and when I looked at the fitbit it showed 1694 steps.  I am getting these counts directly from the fitbit screen.  I just looked at the phone and it shows the same 1694 steps.  Where are my steps going to?  I was considering upgrading to another fitbit but I am concerned that if I am going to continue having issues losing steps on this fitbit what is to stop it from happening on another one?  Please help.  Very frustrating when your trying to do good exercise and track and it is never accurate.  Thank you

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I'm having the same problem. Any solutions?

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem for the last two days and it keeps resetting back to 232 steps.  Frustrating when you're trying to go further and further and then not have it keep track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue and this ZIP is brand new:

My fitbit zip randomly loses steps or doesn't record steps. It also keeps showing 5.86 (not the distance I walked just a number). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having a problem with my Zip not recording steps.  This has happened several times in the last two weeks; example, completing an hour of Zumba and not having any additional steps registered.  I have been all over the house and yard this AM doing chores and my Zip continues to register 176 steps.  

Could we please get a response to this issue?!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @sprinkrat, @lisamennenger@baxter716@BiggFooT, and @sambafree! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. To ensure that your tracker is working properly, please restart it. Also, check that the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Keep me posted!

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So much for my day trying for a personal best!  The darn thing stopped working and at the end of the day after restarting, I have a grand total of 23 steps.  Never had problems with my fitbit, but when it died I tried the Zip (bad decision).  Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have been having this same issue for a couple weeks. I'll check my fitbit directly and it'll say 232 steps and 1.1 miles. Which is obviously incorrect. Then I'll sync it to my fitbit app to see if anything changes and it'll all of a sudden say 1650 steps and 1.5 miles. Them a minute later I check fitbit and it says 1620 steps. 

What the heck is going on. Unbelievably frustrating. And I tried what the moderator above said to try and that didn't help. Steps are still DISAPPEARING. None of this adds up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me for several weeks and I am about OVER IT

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep…going back to the Fitbit One that I had for years with no problems (except it never learned to swim)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way of adding steps when fit bit has not recorded 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same here. Every morning I walk 3.11 miles and the fitbit shows 9.000 steps. Then i look at my dashboard on my pc, this shows also 9000 steps. A few minutes later it shows 5220 steps on my fitbit zip and dashboard. Then i take the fitbit and i shake it just as long until it shows 9000 again

Best Answer
0 Votes