Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost battery cover

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've lost the back battery cover for my fitbit zip and now the device is useless... do you know if there is anywhere I can buy the tiny battery cover piece from?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kieran That's so sad to hear! Smiley Sad This single piece is not available for sale. I recommend that you contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com and let them know specifically what happened. 

I'm sure the team will do everything possible to find a solution. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@Kieran That's so sad to hear! Smiley Sad This single piece is not available for sale. I recommend that you contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com and let them know specifically what happened. 

I'm sure the team will do everything possible to find a solution. 

Best Answer

@Kieran wrote:

I've lost the back battery cover for my fitbit zip and now the device is useless... do you know if there is anywhere I can buy the tiny battery cover piece from?

Yes contact Fitbit, but for now drop it in a pocket.

Best Answer

I've lost the back of my one as well!  I put it all in my purse while I went to get a new battery and now its lost!  So sad as want to log my steps and dont want to have to buy a new one!  What solution did you find?

Best Answer
I emailed back and forth with fitbit support, and they are currently shipping me a new fitbit zip... Free! They can't just send the back piece as I had asked for, so they're simply sending me a new device! So definitely email the support people explaining your situation!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks! Fingers crossed as I am so frustrated and annoyed with myself!
Best Answer

@deborahp I'm sure the team will help you. Don't feel frustrated, it happens. I lost my whole One while I was going to my car and someone find it. She just looked at the crazy woman looking down and with an iPhone walking all over the place. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I certainly hope you got yours resolved.  I too lost the back of mine. Customer support sent me two different covers however, they don't fit.  the locking things on the inside are going the wrong way.  i can't seem to get them to understand that.  so frustrated!!!

Best Answer

It's nice to have you here in the Community @rcpeaches, how you doin' Smiley Very Happy

Verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip tracker. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed at Zip Battery Troubleshoot.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
Best Answer

It's not the battery that is the issue, it is the cover. The replacements don't fit. 

Moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer

I understood that, but I provided with those steps to make sure you're inserting the battery properly in order for the cover to fit @rcpeaches

If all the replacement haven't fitted yet, have you mentioned this to Support when they offered you the first replacement? 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes, several times. Thanks for the battery tip. I misunderstood. Still doesn't fit. 

Moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer

Well my friend, my best suggestion would be to contact Fitbit Support once more. This time, make sure to provide them with a picture showing the battery with the cover so they can see why it doesn't fit. 

Good luck @rcpeaches

Best Answer

I appreciate your diligence on this matter but pictures were provided. I will do so again in hopes that there is someone different there now. Merry Christmas. Sent from my iPhone 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information. 

Best Answer

For sure sweetie @rcpeaches Woman Very Happy! Don't hesitate to let me know the outcome of if you need further assistance!

Merry Christmas too! 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit and they told me that they do not resell the battery cover.  I have searched the internet for one and cannot find one.  Very disappointing that Fitbit thinks I should spend $80 to another one. 

Best Answer

Murphy's law states that you won't find the battery cover until you buy a new Zip.

You could try a piece of Gorilla tape and a thin rubber washer to hold the battery in. Can't hurt. Might help. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @terpsfan1. Thanks for jumping in @GershonSurge. Robot Happy

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you feel that way, I got in touch with our team but I couldn't find your case so I requested a new one to see if they can offer you anything else. Please keep an eye on you email inbox, you will get information shortly.

Let me know if I can further assist you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery cover on my fit bit zip has broken & now my fit bit zip is worthless. I would like to know if I can purchase a battery cover? I really don't want to replace the entire unit if I don't have to. Can you help?

Best Answer

They made me buy a new one. I’m pretty disgusted with Fitbit. They were proud of themselves for offering it at 20% discount. So I had to spend $50 when the part probably cost them $2.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer