Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost steps while synching

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Earlier today I was up to 5000 steps. I haven't looked at the step count all evening but I just synced and it only recorded 195 steps for the day. As it I rarely get more than 4000 per day. Losing steps because of the device or app malfunctioning is unacceptable. 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for reaching out the Forums @dlc92881 and for explaining what happened with your tracker.

This is not an expected behavior from the Fitbit Zip or the Fitbit App, so let's cover the basic troubleshooting steps. The first thing that we need to check is that the little metal contacts on the back of it are well positioned; you can check some helpful information in this post. Also, check if the back is clean and that the battery door is not broken or loose. Other tips:

• Place the battery back into the tracker with the "+" side facing up, and close the door.
  • Buy a 3V coin battery, CR2025.
  • Try to sync your Fitibt before changing the battery since data could be lost if your tracker if is not synced. If the battery is loose, it might be causing that data lost.

If that's not working, we might have to check what is the next options with our support team.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes