Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing & resetting time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have 3 Zips. The one I've been using has stopped resetting at midnight but it does track steps. I took out the battery and restarted it but it didn't reset. So, I tried the other two I have. One has the same issue - won't reset time and so it carries steps over from the previous day. One will reset time and steps but (argh) when I put the back on it, it stops working. It does reset and work when I hold the battery in with my fingers. I've swapped different backs, batteries,...  PS I have 1 dongle which doesn't fit into my current ports. Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey @lfm222, nice to see you here. 

Thanks for trying all those steps, I can tell that you really want to keep using your Zip trackers. I'm not sure why you're having similar issues in both and thanks a million for trying the restart. I'd recommend to open the back of your Zips and clean the place where you put the battery using a cotton swab. Make sure that the little metal piece that makes contact with the battery is not bend or rusty too.

You can also try to clean your Wireless Dongle in that way. Are you able to use your USB ports with other devices?

zip.PNG

zip clean.PNG

What device are you using to sync? Have you checked these steps to reconnect your Zip with your phone? Once you Zip connects with the Fitbit Account the time should change as well. I hope this helps, if not let me know if you need me to open a case for you.

I'll be around. Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer