Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never ending problems with upgrades. Fire the tech!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First, major problems syncing since new upgrade. Once synced apparently it also did something to the software in the zip, because suddenly and erratically it stopped counting steps....would get normal count one day, then it would only count 1 in 4 steps, then 1 in 10 steps! Did the whole force stop...remove battery, install new battery, shut down tablet, restart, try again. Finally would sync. The last time I uninstalled the app, downloaded fresh app, installed. Signed in, synced (yay! It worked!) Then found that the Fitbit system had lost all of the past two years' of data (yes, it was my account..they had my other info in there!) But the zip was still only counting one in ten steps. I tested it by going for a walk and counting my steps...150 nonstop, came up as 14 added steps to the 181 it was showing for the day! After that, never counted another step the rest of the day. Battery full. Put in another fresh one, just in case. No change. And again stopped syncing. Try and try. I have Android 8.1 so that should not be an issue. Two weeks of this frustration and I am switching to a cheap smartwatch that does more than the zip and actually counts my steps and syncs easily! I think Fitbit needs to fire all the techs that worked on the upgrade. Fire them all. Reinstall the app from six months ago, and then STOP UPGRADING! Only upgrade to make it compatible with newer technology, stop making it incompatible with older technology. Not all of us upgrade our phones and tablets every year!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I agree totally with this person (Tishyluf). I have the same issue, my Zip Fitbit says that I am not connected and yet I can get into the system eventually ONLY to do foods and weight information updates. My zip does not sync at all any new information. I am looking for an alternative brand and step counter after reading all the complaints about the latest upgrade. I am not a fan of Fitbit any longer, and I really would like to keep all my step totals and badges I earned. Sort it out Fitbit or lose everybody who has a Zip!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After more than two weeks of Fitbit nightmares ( failing to sync unless you remove battery, force stop app, replace battery, try again, sometimes repeat but uninstall app instead of force stop), (then the zip only logged roughly 10% of my steps...yes, I tested it by walking nonstop 150 steps and got a whopping 14 steps added to my count!)(then totally losing all data for the previous two years) I ordered a smartwatch on Amazon for $29. I love this thing! It syncs easily and quickly by itself whenever I am near my tablet or my cell phone, and updates steps, sleep time , and heart rate. It appears that it will keep track of each for a full year. Needs to be plugged into a USB port once a week to get recharged. So much nicer than Fitbit! The app is not in the cloud, only on your cell or tablet, the only downside.

Best Answer
0 Votes