Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zip battery is draining really fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I put a new battery in it and within hours it died.  Then days later came back on with 50% battery. Then died again. Now it says full battery.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Kolar  the Zip is such a sweet little Fitbit! I have a friend who uses one and says the battery does that but it always works. Energizer batteries is what it uses. You able to sync ok?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Only when it’s “on”.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m unable to sync. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Hi @MoWrob  syncing troubleshooting is here - click to read.

Best Answer
The trouble is not with syncing its with the Fitbit deciding it’s battery is dead.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Kolar  sometimes you have to take the battery out and make sure it's put in with the metal tab sticking out a bit - my friend told me this.

Best Answer

If the Zip has been through a few batteries the contacts are pushed away making a poor connection which seems to drain the battery. Follow these tips and I bet you'll be enjoying nice long battery life. I have some that would die quickly and did what I'm about to share with you and now they all last for several months. And for the love of Christ, can people stop blaming Fitbit for something that's simply a technical issue they can fix themselves? I'm exhausted seeing this theme repeated throughout these forums. No, Fitbit isn't targeting you and making your battery drain quickly, no, they're not making people's Ones or Zips die. You sound quite paranoid when you spout nonsense like this. I hope this picture helps you to fix yours 🤓 

(not my original picture)(not my original picture)

Best Answer

@Kolar  my friend buys batteries as they are needed. Used to be when buying batteries, they would buy a bundle and toss them in a drawer. All batteries die eventually and finding a loose battery at the bottom of the junk drawer could mean that battery is years old. Now my friend buys the two pack and knows the expiration date and things work much better.

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 that's great they found a solution! For the nominal price difference between 2 and 10 batteries and the 2025+ expiration dates, I take the chance, but I also wouldn't store them loose. It's amazing how much more battery life I'm enjoying one with the simple "pull the prongs" approach but went from weeks to months. My current ZIP battery is over 6 months old and I have spare Zips sitting here with similar durations. I remember thinking I'd be super happy with 3 months and 6 is a real treat. These devices are antiquated and I'm pleased Fitbit lets us still use them on our accounts. This really means a lot to me and many users to not have a forced upgrade. I'm not against supporting the company and buying newer models either, which I do, but I tend to favor my older "classic" Fitbits 🙂 

Best Answer

@Williger I had to admit that I was skeptical, but I went ahead and tried it.  Battery level went up from 5% to 100%.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your success @nasacpa . When people read these posts, it does help them realize that often there is an answer as long as they are willing to give it a try.

@Williger with nudging these metal pieces about, you ever see one where it breaks? Not everyone is gentle with their devices. I see mentions of broken back covers and I suggest someone rig something up and get a silicon cover/clip from Amazon. My friend is keeping their little Zip going but has a brand new in the box one hidden for the day it will be needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa I'm happy to learn this. Continue to share this tip with others; so simple and yet, it does work!

Best Answer

Hi @Odyssey13 I've yet to see one broken but you're right, it could easily be done if someone's rough with theirs. My biggest pet peeve with the Zips is seeing where someone was determined to use a coin and strength to open or rather shred the backs. Eww! LOL. Yes, I saw your mention about your friend with the neat silicone clips, and probably can have fun color combinations too. I went another direction and 3D printed the backs 🤓  

Recreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackRecreated 3D Fitbit ZIP BackThe tool, not as simple though ...The tool, not as simple though ...

Best Answer

@Williger  3d printer - brilliant. They like pretty good, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes