Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Zip to a new computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Zip working fine on a Windows PC. Now I have a new PC (Windows 10) and have downloaded both the fitbit app and the fitbit connect app, inserted the dongle and yet the device won't sync. I either get the message that it 'won't pair' and that the connection has failed or that it cannot be found by either app, or that 'an unknown error ahs occured'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times and I have also reset the Zip by removing the battery numerous times. Nothing is working. I have opened my PC up to bluetooth and everything yet nothing will pair my Zip. Also, when I reset it, my data was lost, which shouldn't have happened according to the instrumctions I was following. Not impressed. Help?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Don't worry, I had already tried all of that so decided to resart the PC and it finally paired and worked. Computer must just have been playing up. Thanks for trying anyway.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @SunsetRunner,

Welcome to the community!

As it happens, when you install a new PC, you don't need to pair the Zip to your account again.  That information is stored on your Fitbit account.  You may want to verify that the Zip is still paired with your account by looking at your device settings, but I suspect that it is.

If you installed the Fitbit Connect software (and moved the USB dongle from your old computer), it should simply sync periodically (every 20 minutes or so).  What happens if you do a "Sync Now" from Fitbit Connect?

Finally, you can sync with the Windows 10 Fitbit App, though you'll need to have the Fitbit App establish the pairing to your Fitbit on your behalf.  Launch the App, log in, and try to sync.  I'll likely ask to pair with your Zip, click 'Yes'.  From then on you should be able to sync.  Fitbit trackers typically refuse traditional bluetooth pairing; this is no different on Windows 10.

As for the Zip resetting the steps you took, it may only be the steps displayed on the device and not necessarily the steps on your account.  I took a quick look at your account and you have about 6500 steps registered for today.  Is that roughly what you expect?

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on anything.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't worry, I had already tried all of that so decided to resart the PC and it finally paired and worked. Computer must just have been playing up. Thanks for trying anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes