Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded steps suddenly lost!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is a new Zip (about a month old)--I had bought a spare when I saw they were no longer widely available.  When I arrived back from a walk this afternoon at 4.30 pm, my Zip showed 26,400 steps.  Now a few hours later it is reading it is reading 21,700, and the log shows nothing after 3 pm although I was walking all that time.  The battery is still full.  This never happened with my previous Zip, which lasted 7 years!  Any explanation?  (I know how to restore the missing steps, but that is not the point.  I want to be able to rely on the device without having to check it all throughout the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

mine did the same thing three times this month. I kept thinking it was a satellite issue, but today I lost my miles again. New battery, too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Luckily mine seemed to right itself after I did some more steps and then
synced again. ( I tried to edit my post, but kept getting an error
message.)  Sorry yours is acting up; it's a real motivation killer!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened again this morning, but this time it was less than a mile that disappeared. How did you recover? I took the battery out last time and reinstalled it, though that didn't recover any miles. I wont bother with it this time. Four times in two weeks and it's a bummer for sure. I only wanted the pocket zip and have used it for years. Seems they are having trouble with their operations. I'll use it until Sunday and one more error, I'll just leave it at home. I'm an exercise physiologist and really pushed this zip bit on clients, but not now...

This is the second time I am trying to post this....

Best Answer
It sounds as if I was lucky.  I didn't touch the battery or try to add a
manual activity. I just synced and it magically righted itself.  I love
the Zip, especially compared to bulky watches, and I just hope this new
spare lasts me the same 7 years as last time.  You might be able to get
a replacement still on Amazon. . .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened again, then I changed the battery and it lost it all again. I'm done with the zip. Good luck with your new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restore missing steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Log, then Activities.  Select the appropriate icon for the activity, then start time, then duration, then either number of steps or miles that need replacing.  If the steps seem too slow or too fast when you look at the graph, then start again with a different duration.  Note: it's duration and not end time--so easy to make that mistake!  I have to do this every six weeks because my battery dies without notice, although there's enough for it to keep counting steps--but not sync.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.

The Holy Spirit lives within us, providing us with His peace and comfort (John 14:26-27).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine resets sometimes during the day.  I had about 5,000 steps early this morning, but now it says 703.  In this case it seemed to happen when it synchronized.  I'm an old guy and typically get 8k-12k each day, but it says 1797 for Thursday, 0 for Friday and Saturday, and a whopping 703 today!  It is completely wrong!  It was around 13k on Friday and 9k yesterday.  It used to work just fine.  I also don't like how it never takes me straight to my dashboard anymore.  Just a bunch of ads.  I have to re-login and then go to it, which is a pain.  I'm very disappointed with how things have changed.

Best Answer

This is the 3rd week my fitbit won’t work correctly. It started with it not syncing then it moved to it would reset itself when it hit a certain amount of steps. And then now it won’t even keep the correct time or sync. I tried everything their tech support told me to do, take out battery, make sure all phone updates are done, remove it from Bluetooth and reinstall it, remove/reinstall Fitbit app, etc. nothing has worked. I really wish Fitbit would get their act together because I rely on my Fitbit to keep me hitting my step goals. I’ve contacted Fitbit numerous times and was told it’s an issue with Fitbit app and iPhone 7. And that they are ‘working on it’. They need to ‘work harder’ on it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried again, and again on different occasions over this past year, and the miles and steps get dropped. Today, I checked the computer and it dumped only a three quarters of a mile, and looked at the fit bit which then had restarted itself to one tenth of a mile...I walk over 4 miles every day and now that I know how bad this Fitbit is, (and I've been wearing it for years), I just have to dump it. I thought I would prior to this post as I last wrote. I'm done putting in batteries every month, too. I guess I will have to be less OCD about how much I walk!

Best Answer
0 Votes