Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Zip not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
I am exchanging my fibit under the store warranty.  If the next one does not work;  I am done with it and will try to get a refund.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No update for my Note 4 yet.  Still isn't working

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked that there is no update for my Note 4 and I still can't sync.  It's working GREAT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol....I quit using my fitbit. They lost my vote. Poor customer service, poor response time, and no ability to fix issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I'm going to ditch my Samsung phone and my Fitbit.  Neither one cares about us. This is a bunch of crap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Am I a victim of my Samsung also? My FitBit Zip has stopped counting my steps. I just use my desktop computer to view my FitBit info. I do have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with FitBit installed on it. I am downloading an update as we speak. I don't use my cell phone around my FitBit. I have a brand new battery in my FB. The numbers that are appearing make no sense at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes,  you are.  I had the warranty option , so I am getting another zip and will see if it works with the Samsung phone Sm j3230a
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh dear. That makes me sad Smiley Sad I hate it when I have no record of my forced marches! Alas, What to do? What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you give some details on how to get this Samsung update, pls?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your phones settings app, scroll to the bottom button which is system updates. If the update was already delivered to your phone it will be listed and ready to download. If there isn't an update listed click on "check for new system update" and the phone will search and download the update if your service has pushed it out. You can also sync your Zip to a desktop computer or laptop using the dongle that comes with it, until Samsung rolls the updates out to everyone.

Best Answer

My Fitbit zip syncs great with my new Motorola phone!  Note 4 going in the trash!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. So far my FitBit Zip remains somewhat confused. My cell phone is
up to date. It is apparently already set to install automatically ...
though I do not think the update you refer to was actually installed. It is
now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Slowmotion wrote:
Thank you. So far my FitBit Zip remains somewhat confused. My cell phone is
up to date. It is apparently already set to install automatically ...
though I do not think the update you refer to was actually installed. It is
now.

Another suggestion is to check if the fitbit app is up to date as well. Go to Google apps store (or whatever you use) and check for updates. I had a battery issue and that was one of the suggestions from the Fitbit Support Team. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my phone I went to settings then System Updates, then Check for new updates. My zip works now after the update and I have the galaxy s5.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got the new update, and still no sync. This is just stupid!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned my zip to the store. I'm done with FITBIT!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip still isn't syncing with my Samsung. I've updated the p

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several Zip users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

hone as of today

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not reading through all of the posts on this - but I just uninstalled the app from my phone, and reinstalled it and that seems to of done the trick for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue with the Samsung app not syncing has been resolved, so I will be closing this thread for further posts. Please start a new thread if you are experiencing syncing issues. Also please review this help page if you haven't already. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes