Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps missing from dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My dashboard reflects calories burned. I am missing my steps on my dashboard 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome back @jroles22! Thanks for the screenshot. By checking it, this may be because you are not logged in to the correct email account or that you don't have all your tiles enabled. Please make sure that you are using the same email account on both devices. To do so, log out from both and check that you are using the one the you use for the Community or your online Dashboard.

To check if you have all your tiles enabled on your Fitbit app for iOS, please follow these steps: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click Edit at the bottom of the dashboard.
  2. To hide tiles, tap the x or -  icon in the top left corner of the tile you want to hide.
  3. To show hidden tiles, tap or click the + icon in the top left corner of the tile you want to show.
  4. To rearrange tiles, hold and drag the tile to a new location.
  5. Tap or click Done.

Note: You must have iOS 9 or greater installed on your iOS mobile device to edit your dashboard.

Regarding your question, you can have the Fitbit app on two devices. However, keep in main that if you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled) when you attempt to sync. For more information, see Why won't my tracker sync to another device or computer?

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

@jroles22 This sounds odd. If you are using the online Dashboard, check that you have all your tiles enabled. If you are using the Fitbit app, please make sure that you app is up to date (for iOS, for Android). Also, you can try to log out, reboot your phone, and log back in. 

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry this is not solved. I have my app on my iPhone & iPad. My iPhone reflects all my dashboard icons particularly the steps but iPad does not. Both systems are updated with the latest iOS version and Fitbit updates 

For some reason my app is not working on my iPhone 5s. I used to be able use the app on my iPad mini and iPhone simultaneously. Has that changed? I cannot sync my tracker to my iPhone now. It keeps searching for it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @jroles22! To better assist you can you please send me an screenshot of your Dashboard using the Fitbit app. In the meantime you can try checking your steps in your Online Dashboard.

I look forward for your reply! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks will do

Best Answer

IMG_0407.PNG

Can you have app on 2 devices? I used to have them in iPhone and IPad. Now it is only active on one. When I tried to reset it to my phone it my iPad showed it was no longer linked and vice versa. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @jroles22! Thanks for the screenshot. By checking it, this may be because you are not logged in to the correct email account or that you don't have all your tiles enabled. Please make sure that you are using the same email account on both devices. To do so, log out from both and check that you are using the one the you use for the Community or your online Dashboard.

To check if you have all your tiles enabled on your Fitbit app for iOS, please follow these steps: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click Edit at the bottom of the dashboard.
  2. To hide tiles, tap the x or -  icon in the top left corner of the tile you want to hide.
  3. To show hidden tiles, tap or click the + icon in the top left corner of the tile you want to show.
  4. To rearrange tiles, hold and drag the tile to a new location.
  5. Tap or click Done.

Note: You must have iOS 9 or greater installed on your iOS mobile device to edit your dashboard.

Regarding your question, you can have the Fitbit app on two devices. However, keep in main that if you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled) when you attempt to sync. For more information, see Why won't my tracker sync to another device or computer?

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LucyAP Thanks so much for your help. I evidently was signing in with my 2nd email account. Everything is working fine now. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @jroles22! So good to hear that you're back on track. Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer

Have tried closing app and rebooting phone no help. The steps tile is not to be found anywhere and only calories being counted. How can I put steps tile back on dashboard when It is not to be found?

Best Answer

Thanks for joining us @Pegsandstakes! Have you tried the suggestions on my post above? If so,  please send me an screenshot so I can be of more help. 

Look forward for your reply! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had to reinstall Fitbit and then steps were back again. Thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for posting back @Pegsandstakes! It's good to hear that you are back on track. I really appreciate that you are letting me know what worked for you. This post can be very helpful for other users that may have the same issue.Smiley Very Happy

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please can you help me too, I’ve tried logging in and out. Deleted and re installed the app! 

I hadn’t looked at the app for a week or 2 as I’d been away and when I opened it, it said it was cleaning etc arghhhh 

now I can’t see the steps tile anywhere and my sync button / option has disappeared ? X

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Stargem! Thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you took before posting here. I appreciate all your input and it help us to keep improving. 

Double check that your tiles are visible, to do so check out my previous post. Also, make sure that your tracker is correctly setup by following the steps described at the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mother in law had this issue. It was that she got new phone and logged into the Fitbit account but forgot to sync the Fitbit to the phone. 

I had to add here Flex device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @Jonthom! Thanks for sharing what worked with your mother in law. Sharing tips is helpful to other users that might be experiencing a similar situation. 

Please don't hesitate to post back if you need more help. Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board. There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes