Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing and Always Connected

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if having the always connected option turned on with a Zip makes a difference ? I recently purchased a zip from the website due to what seemed like price gouging on other sites like Amazon. I  have been having issues with the syncing like other people here. I know that its not my phone, my Alta & One never gave me an issue. Any ideas? I don't want to leave Fitbit seeing as how a lot of my high school friends have them, but i'm getting frustrated.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @TheBigGuy! I appreciate that you have a shared your experience with your Zip. The "Always Connected" feature ensures that the tracker will not be detected by another mobile device or a wireless sync dongle.

If you are having difficulties while syncing you can try restarting it to check if your Zip is working correctly. Also, make sure that your mobile device is listed in the Supported Devices List. Please keep in mind that a syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Follow the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? for more information. 

Keep me posted with the outcome 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Forums @TheBigGuy! I appreciate that you have a shared your experience with your Zip. The "Always Connected" feature ensures that the tracker will not be detected by another mobile device or a wireless sync dongle.

If you are having difficulties while syncing you can try restarting it to check if your Zip is working correctly. Also, make sure that your mobile device is listed in the Supported Devices List. Please keep in mind that a syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Follow the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? for more information. 

Keep me posted with the outcome 😉 

Best Answer

I've already  restarted the zip. However I saw in a attached link, that the app needs to be running in the background of the phone. I had previously been using a recommended battery saving app that hibernated apps to save power. I uninstalled it to see if it will make a difference in connection reliability. I also wonder if the zip supports the LG V20. I only saw on the list up to the V10. I bought the zip because i lost the Alta & i don't worry too much about my sleep.. So i figured with the price being cheaper, and the setup being simpler, I'd go with the Zip. Any ideas on if a newerish phone model vs a older fitbit might cause an issue?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @TheBigGuy! I appreciate that you have let me know your phone's model. At the moment the LG V20 is not listed in the compatible devices list. This might be the reason you are having some difficulties to sync. 

Sometimes non listed Android devices may meet all the requirements by the system allowing them to sync intermittently. However, since it's not fully supported and tested by our development team this connectivity may not always be successful or some of the features might not always be available.

Hope this helps to clarify further! 🙂 

Best Answer

It does help things make sense. I dug my alta, its just that i misplasced mine on my walk to the bus station. Unfortunately, im on a fixed income, so theres no real big room with play money as it were. Im not sure when Fitbit has a sale on the website. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @TheBigGuy! Good to hear that I was able to clarify this for you. 🙂 I'm sorry to hear about your Alta. I don't know if too much time passed after you lost your Alta, here are some tips to find your tracker if you can recap your steps. However, I created a case for you with Support to see if they can help you further with your lost Alta. 

Regarding, sales at the moment I don't have this information. However, we usually have sales on holidays. 

I hope this helps, see you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer