Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed yesterday that my zip device is not capturing all of my steps.  I walked 11,438 steps yesterday and it only captured 7738.  I lost the other 3700 steps.  This wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't participating in a work related program that will reward with lower premiums on insurance if this data is captured over a twelve month period.  I was under the impression the zip automatically sync's with your computer or phone to download the information onto  the Fit Bit website automatically.  Is this not a true statement?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @Jen1bug! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. I think this can be solved by checking the setting on your app. If your device is paired to the Fitbit app, it syncs every time you open the app. If you turn on All-Day sync it also syncs periodically throughout the day. To enable All Day Sync on your app go to account, then tap the picture of your tracker and scroll down and enable this option.

If you sync your device with a computer and Fitbit Connect, it syncs automatically every 15 to 30 minutes when the Fitbit device and computer are nearby, and the dongle is plugged in, if applicable. 

Dongle.jpg

To read more about this, take a look at the help article How do Fitbit devices sync their data? 

However, if you feel that your tracker is not working correctly please restart it. Also, to better assist you you can let me know what model and brand of device are you using to sync? And, if you are using a computer and/or phone?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes