Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A box pops up and says "Fitbit update available" and I click yes and the bar moves across the box that says "updating" and then it says "Error. Try again later." This has happened EVERY freakin' day for a week. What is wrong with Fitbit. It is the most frustrating device on the planet. Just quit sending the stupid "update software" message if it isn't going to work. Do you guys have any idea how stupid this is?

Moderator edit: format and subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @commname52! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Zip tracker. This help us to keep improving our products and services. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

Regarding your update issue, please confirm that you have tried the following steps:

1. Turn your tracker off and on again using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  2. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, reboot your mobile device or computer and try the update again.
  3. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

I look forward for your reply! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a zip and I don't know how to turn it on and off. And I only ever look at it on a PC which gets turned off / restarted every day. And I don't know what firm ware even is. What makes me crazy about Fitbit in general is the answer to every problem is a list of things I need to do. It seems like accountability rests wholly on the user of the device and never on the company that makes it which is a distorted way to approach problems on the part of fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @commname52! I appreciate all the time and effort you are investing to solve this. Regarding your questions: 

• To turn on and off your Zip (restart it) you need to open the back door and remove the battery for a couple of seconds. Then place the battery in again with the '+' sign up and close it. 
  • Firmware is the permanent software programmed into your Zip and sometimes needs an update. 

The best in this situation is to setup your tacker as a replacement device. To do so, click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer. 

fitbit icon.png

Then, click Open Main Menu... and select Set Up A New Fitbit Device. After this, click Existing User and log in to your account. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Best Answer

Yeah, because just making Fitbit software updates work on their own would be out of the question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @commname52! I appreciate that you have shared this suggestion. If you want this option to added, the best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board.

There you can create your own suggestion or upvote for a similar one. The ideas with more votes are taken in to consideration for next updates or product development. 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer