Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Alta HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do I need to reload the Fitbit app or will it recognize my new device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JoanneK49 wrote:

Same question...if I upgrade my Alta to the Alta HR, will I lose the previous data from my Alta?  I don't want to lose my previous data.

Hi @JoanneK49 - No worries. You'll just add the new tracker to your account and all of your old data will be there.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for stopping by @Swaba! So good to hear that you are receiving the Fitbit Alta. If you already have a Fitbit account and want to replace your existing Fitbit device with a new one you can follow these steps:

Fitbit App for iOS, Android, and Windows 10:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Mac or Windows 8.1 computer:

1. Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.User-added image
  2. Click Open Main Menu...
  3. Click Set Up A New Fitbit Device.
  4. Click Existing User and log in to your account.
  5. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Keep in mind that if you’re replacing one device with another of the same model, you’ll be asked to confirm the replacement.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Same question...if I upgrade my Alta to the Alta HR, will I lose the previous data from my Alta?  I don't want to lose my previous data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I upgraded from a Zip to the Alta HR and I didn’t lose my data.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoanneK49 wrote:

Hi @JoanneK49 - No worries. You'll just add the new tracker to your account and all of your old data will be there.

Best Answer

Up grade fitbit alta hr to my account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Phyllismeade! To better assist you, please reply to this post with as many details of the issue you are experiencing as possible. 

I look forward for your reply! 😉 

P.S. If you need help adding a second device to your Fitbit account, take a look to the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes