Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Battery Cover Broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have broken my Zip's battery cover when changing the battery for the 4th time.  It was just under the warranty period (last year's Christmas gift) but never imagined it would still be covered under warranty so didn't call right away.  When I did call in February to purchase a replacement battery cover I was told this isn't a part available, a new device was my only option because it was now out of warranty.  Has anybody had any luck finding a suitable replacement to this back cover or is purchasing a new device the only option when the battery cover breaks? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

It's nice to see you here @VStepNoMore! Welcome to our Community! Cat WinkThat's so sad to hear, please know this single piece is not available for sale so my best suggestion would be to contact Fitbit Support once more and make sure to provide them with a picture showing the damage on the cover so they can see what they can do for you.

Wish you luck, let me know the outcome! Robot wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm getting the same results! Never buying products from them again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @9154609. Thanks for your feedback about Fitbit products. If you haven't done it already please follow @MeylinP's recommendation to contact the Support team. They might be able to provide a workaround to get you back on track.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had broken mine a couple of years ago and could not get a connection with battery. I use a dime over the battery and a small piece of duck tape holding back in place!! Hope this is food for thought😉
Best Answer

My battery cover is cracked and broken and i think its because of the design of the item itself. I feel like that part can be improved. Its difficult to open it using a coin etc..in any case, mine just cracked the other day and since then im getting unreliable readings, and its got a tendency to turn on and off...as i scrolled down someone mentioned using a dime after installing the battery and then a piece of ducktape. Ill try that as im not ready to buy and spend more money on a fitbit i feel is still new

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey sxmtech...i actually just followed part of your repair idea and so far...its back in sync and working...i used duct tape to tape my back cover back on and then put it back in the holster clip...so far...working...Thanks! saves me buying a new one for awhile!

Best Answer
Glad it helped. I have been using my for over a year with dime in place.
Best Answer

My back of my zip broke and half and the support says only the 25% discount and free overnight shipping.  I am so disappointed not able to get a simple back.  However, I found a button that fits perfectly over the space and taped it and it is working.  It's not pretty but no one can see it.  I don't know how long it will last .

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @arjohnson, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

I understand where you coming from, sorry that we don't have that option. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

One more thing to mention is that you can always read the warranty policies from Fitbit so you can have a better understanding of the response they provided you. If you have additional questions in regards of your options, please feel free to contact them back to get more information about it. Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through.  And while customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

I'll be around in case that you have additional questions and thanks again for your participation in the community!

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  If even one of the plastic prongs breaks, it will not close over the battery tightly enough to function.  I am using packing tape as well, but I also feel like the design is defective and, at the least, FitBit should sell replacement battery covers.  It's my second Zip, and when it goes, I won't buy another FitBit product either.

Best Answer

Hi @Vronsky1, nice to see you around, welcome to the Forums.

Thank your for the feedback. Sorry to see that you're having issues with your second Zip. Did you contact our support team to check your options? I can give you a hand with that.

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I didn’t. I would appreciate any help you could provide. Especially because I am headed into spring and the weather when I try to buckle down and get my steps going again after the holidays and the worst of winter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Vronsky1. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to continue assisting you.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf. You can check you email.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes