Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Battery Life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Zip battery life keeps getting shorter.  Things worked fine for a couple months and then my battery changes are now every couple weeks.  This is the second Zip that I've had that this is happening.  I cannot wear a Fitbit on my wrist and this pocket one was good for me.  Have had 2 of then since Xmas 2017.  Did all the things they listed online (cleaning contact, adjusting pin, etc) to help but still issues.  Others having same problem? 

Since replies just add to the post list I'm just editing this one to update.

I'm on my 3rd charcoal one in 6 months.  Also have turned off any extra features (all day sync) which may add to battery drain.  Seems like they have an issue with these models.  Instead of a fix, they just send a new one.  Too bad because it gets to be a nuisance others have mentioned.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Thanks the reply @KnitsandWalks, and @Bourque59! I'm grateful for your feedback, and all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. Since both of you have cases with Support the best option at the moment is to continue working with them. 

I'm sure that they can take a look at the system and help you to understand what is happening with your tracker.  I'm confident that they can find a resolution for you. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

P.S. In the meantime to keep an eye to our Warranty Policies

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and I've already tried all the suggested fixes discussed here and other places on the web. At what point when do you decide that the zip itself is defective?

Batteries last about  3 weeks now. not to mention I have to pull the battery out and put it back in every couple days to get it to sync!

Thank you.

Brandon

Best Answer
I gave up and brought a new zip when the batteries lasted a week.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's my plan. Going to look at other brands because this isn't the first time I've had a Fitbit wear out prematurely or have had to be replaced within a few months. I had two different Fitbit "Charge" wristband models.... both went defective and came unglued within a few months of purchase. Switched to the Zip so I could keep it in my pocket and then I started having these issues after only a few months

Shame the life expectancy is so short on these Zip models. 😡

Best Answer

I had similar issue back 5 years ago- started using only Duracell batteries and my problem was solved., 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I’ll have to try that.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 3 batteries in less than 3 month.  The original lasted the longest but the replacements have only lasted 2-3 weeks.  I have noticed the fluctuations mentioned in other posts.  Today it is dead.  Second time I have to go w/o it tracking myself.  The results are sent to my insurance.  I do manually enter my health steps at the end of day from my phone tracker but they are usually lower than the zip. I do not have it on sync all day either.  I use name brands such as Duracell and Ray - O - Vac.  Not sure what brand they originally sent with the Zip device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fundamental problem is that it is an LSI device which is manufactured and programmed for a specific task. It will have a certain amount of space to add modifications to the program, but not a hardware fault

Best Answer

Please let me know when software problem on ZIP is fixed. I’ve been told twice by Fitbit that the reason my battery life fluctuates and is drained quickly is a problem on your end. And that they are working on it

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mspletcher when there is an updated app, you'll know if you've got it set to automatically update or a firmware update, you will see it in red on your app. Fitbit won't email you from your post on the forums and you really should remove it as this is a public forum.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I never had a batt problem with my first Zip, which I lost. I lived it so I bought a new one. I have had batt problems with it from the beginning. I use Duracell batteries. They have only lasted about 2 weeks. I put a new one in yesterday afternoon and this morning it is showing medium. It did show 100 when I put it in. This is crazy!!!  

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue, as is my Dad.  I put a batter in this AM, and it's showing at 5% now?  That's not possible.  I have ensured the battery connectors are seated properly, cleaned the connectors with alcohol, and turned of the always syncing on my android device.  

I have also checked the play store, and there is no update for the app.  

I am using Duracell batteries, and am on my third pack of 2 between two fitbits (mine and my Dad's) so very doubtful that is the issue. 

This is getting super frustrating, not to mention, pretty expensive to replace batteries every week.   

Does ANYONE have further recommendations? Fitbit, are you standing behind a product that I have been using since 2014? (I should mention, this is NOT my original device) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit to original post: 

I put a battery in this AM, and it's showing at 5% now?

I have ensured the battery connectors are seated properly, cleaned the connectors with alcohol, and turned of the always syncing OFF my android device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and don't even get me started with the problems I'm having with the app changing my mileage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes