Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Fitbit vs health app❤️

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I get half as many steps recorded on my zip Fitbit as I do on the health app ❤️on my iPhone. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It matter where you hold the iPhone. Zip is really good to record steps, so it records actual steps. But, the app is something you hold in you're hand, and if you move you're hand a lot with you're phone in it, that would be the reason. Ether way, the zip is more accurate.

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer

Awesome help @ShaiKingTroy! Nice to see you here @JoebobjrFactors such as tracker placement, and stride length can all affect the number of steps recorded. Also, keep in mind that Fitbit trackers have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking. The algorithm determines whether a motion's size is large enough by setting a threshold.

If the threshold is not met, the motion won’t be counted as a step. Equally, it's possible for the algorithm to undercount (not meet the required acceleration threshold). Examples here include walking on a very soft surface such as a plush carpet.

However, if you feel that your tracker is undercounting your steps you can try restarting it. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes