Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Reminders to Move

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have any solutions or workarounds to the missing Movement Reminder feature on the Zip? Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@jimfournier  the Zip doesn't have the reminder to move function. You can see what it offers by going to the store and comparing the devices.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thank you, I'm aware of the limitation of the Zip. I was hoping that someone out there had found a good "out of the box" solution to being a Movement Reminder. Example: A smartphone app.
Could you please tell me if there are any waist/pocket pedometers out there that have this feature? Or perhaps a wrist tracker that I can take the bands off of and keep the tracker in my pocket. Why do I need something like a 3d-axis (I think necessary to work from a pocket) pedometer? I'm recovering from a stroke, and 1) Need a tracker to make sure that I'm getting enough walking in per day & 2) Cannot be worn on my wrist because I use a walker & 3) Need reminded to get up and move to reduce the risk of getting blood clots in my legs.
I'm asking for pointers to Fitbit and NON-Fitbit products out there; as you can see, I have special needs due to a very bad situation. THANK YOU!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jimfournier  sounds like you might want the Flex 2 or the Alta. I checked and both can come out of the band and will give you the reminder to move feature.

The Alta costs more and isn't waterproof like the Flex 2. The Flex 2 only has a series of dots, so there are no numbers to see, but if you use your mobile device, you can view the numbers on there.

Both have a tiny tracker that slips out of the band and can be put into a pocket or even placed in a holder. You could put the tracker into a small ziplock bag or rig up some sort of case and it would be fine. I've done this before with my original Flex and it does track the steps.

Glad you're finding ways to recover from this. Keep in touch.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @Odyssey13! 🙂 Welcome to the Forums @jimfournier! I appreciate that you have shared your experience. As @Odyssey13 mentioned you can check out which Fitbit device is the best fit for you. 

To do so, you can visit our comparison page Fitbit.com/compare. There you can select the features you like the most or you can take a small quiz that can help you to find the best Fitbit buddy for you. 

I hope you get well soon! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer