Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zip fails to update or sync. You would think with all the problems, someone from the company would get on the forum to help. Calling customer assistance, but put on hold. Listening to music and the same recording, telling me all applicants currently busy, continue to hold! Please quit the recording and just play music. Only let us know the estimated hold time when starting hold.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I kept holding for a representative. Finally, Steve helped me through the process to sync and update my Fitbit Zip. The first item of removing, waiting 30 seconds, then reinstalling my new battery again, must have helped. The second item of turning Bluetooth off, waiting 10 to 15 seconds, then back on again must have helped, also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Youtellme  sometimes being on hold is harder than others, but with this pandemic crisis, waiting seems to be the theme. I waited nearly three hours for Costco and over an hour for Walmart and an online chat for Walmart was over that. The ones I don't like are the ones with complete silence while I hold. Anyway, a restart of the device is the first place to go when you have a problem. The Zip is a solid little device. Glad you're going again.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

You are absolutely correct about the theme of waiting on hold in today’s world. I will say Fitbit was very cordial and responsive to my needs. Yes, I am up and running again. Thank You!

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 you dislike the complete silence? I'd gladly pay for that option! I can't stand the hold music violently forced into my ears with intermittent interrupts that make me alert that someone's about to pick up only to be blasted with another notification that the call is important to them or someone will be with me soon. sometimes they take hours to recover from. give me blessed silence and I can walk around happily getting steps while waiting 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually put my phone down while I wait for someone to answer and the music helps me know I'm still connected. A few times I've called places with no sound and nothing to tell me I'm still connected. The other night I called a place and went through all the prompts only to be cut off several times. Finally got a live person and discovered the call center that I wanted had shut down hours before, but their website didn't reflect that information. Not all customer service places are alike, sad to say. Fitbit is pretty good at working to help us with issues, even if there is sound involved.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

YIKES! Sitting on hold for hours only to realize the call center was closed would make me crazy too. Personally, no issues with leaving a Bluetooth earpiece in with the silence, provided I'm on a mobile and can see the minutes I'd been on the call but hearing broken/distorted repeating audio is mind-numbing. Some places have improved, like eBay where you'll get a time estimate for holding or waiting if you're calling them or scheduling an incoming call. Fortunately, Fitbit is usually helpful by email. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the phone center is closed, the phone number will not be displayed on the contact page.

Also the phone call will be answered with a message telling the hours and that it is now closed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes