Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried MULTIPLE times. Restarted phone. Bluetooth is working. Battery new. Nothing works.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @GramJan  the latest firmware version for your Zip is 5.90 and the Zip has been retired. The app version you get is based on the device you use to sync.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit zip stopped syncing on 4/27/2020.  I have a brand new battery in and when I attempt to force a pairing on my phone it comes back 'can't communicate with zip'  

Please help- I've been using this for 5 years now!!(((((

Best Answer

I've attempted updates using various devices including my desktop, laptop Lenovo, and Samsung Note 9. Nothing works. It just seems like Fitbit gave up on supporting the Zip. I've also called Customer Support who was unable to sync, then when he failed, he sent an indecipherable (by all but tech wonks) list of technical requirements for my wi-fi router. Funny story, though, I have Xfinity and my Fitbit synched just 2 months ago with same wi-fi setup. Nothing is different except this is my husband's fitbit zip. I had to stop using mine because is sucked the life out of every new battery within 2 weeks. After replacing batteries 7 times, I started using my husband's Zip. I successfully set it up, but was not able to update the system. I've used Fitbit Zips ever since they first came out, but I'll be looking for another product. I don't want a watch or a device that tells me things I don't care to know. I just want what the Zip used to reliably provide.

Best Answer

Is Fitbit really asking you to update the firmware? It has been over a year since the last firmware release. 

As for syncing he zip syncs through the phones bluetooth then through the phones connection to the internet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. I prompted me. I gave up a d got an Inspire on sale with a belt clip. Hopefully, that will work for a while until it's discontinued. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated the app last night and now NO synch is possible.  Have had no problems with this device until i updated app.  Can I trash this app and bring back an older version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably, you will need to find a site that archives apps, you may need to jail break the phone. 

If your interested in help. Please include your phone model.

Best Answer
0 Votes