Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip and App not displaying steps correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has been happening on and off ever since the last app update. The step count from the previous day is carried over on the application. The front of the zip reads the correct step count and time. The application has the correct time but has the step count from the previous day(s) added to it. The dashboard screen shows 18,781 steps, the weekly total shows high step counts for Tuesday and Thursday where the previous days counts were not zeroed out. On the activity screen for Wednesday the number of steps and the activity chart do not agree with each other. The Wednesday's totals expanded view has the correct step count for the day at 1,381 as I've only been wearing the zip for about 2 hours.

Screenshot_20181205-103028.png

Screenshot_20181205-103038.png
Screenshot_20181205-103107.png
Screenshot_20181205-103117.png

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back @s_bruneSmiley Happy

You're right, this time I was able to see the pictures. And it looks odd, I'll send the feedback to our team since all graphics should show the same amount of steps for that day. Thanks for reporting this. 

Sorry for the issues with your Zip, I've requested a case for you and our team will be contacting you via email shortly.  Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @s_brune, welcome to the Forums. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing those details! I was't able to see the pictures in that format, maybe you can try to upload them again following these steps > Images. About the issues with the number of steps that the Fitbit App is showing, please try to force quite the app and restart your Zip. And let's keep an eye on your stats during the following days. As this is not a normal behavior. 

Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uploaded the images to the original post instead of linking them to storage on my personal website. When I wrote the post yesterday for some reason the photos could not be uploaded using the website tools.

The original problem I was having is probably moot at this point as the zip is now broken. I had already tried resetting the device and the problem did not go away. Yesterday I opened the back to try a hard rest again and the positive battery terminal clip on the zip broke off. This is the third unit that has had this problem. I end up replacing the zip every 2 to 3 years for this same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @s_bruneSmiley Happy

You're right, this time I was able to see the pictures. And it looks odd, I'll send the feedback to our team since all graphics should show the same amount of steps for that day. Thanks for reporting this. 

Sorry for the issues with your Zip, I've requested a case for you and our team will be contacting you via email shortly.  Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes