Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip and recent android update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit advised last week that my zip was no longer syncing properly and after trying all options said to buy a new one which I did.  Set it up yesterday and it still doesn't work.  Thinking now its for sure the new android update however not sure if Fitbit fixes it or Samsung.  Anyone had any luck getting an answer

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The Zip will NOT sync with a phone running Android 9.0 (Pie).  Fitbit knows this (there have been NUMEROUS threads about it on this forum). Did Fitbit actually advise you to buy a new one, knowing that the problem is with the Fitbit app not working with Android 9.0?

Best Answer

They sure did and i asked 3 or 4 times if they were sure it wasn't due to the android update.  Sent me a link for 25% off and said that should fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's unbelievable. I guess they figure you'll buy a newer model of Fitbit that is compatible with Android 9.0.  No guarantee that it will work when Android 10.0 rolls out.

Best Answer

When the same thing kept happening with the new one i called their CS# and was then told they were aware of the sync issue and their team was working on a solution 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes