Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip will not sync - possible solution

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As a Zip user, I have the same "my Fitbit Zip has stopped synching" issue. I just experienced this problem, again, from 9pm last night until a few minutes ago. What I have found is that the battery is low even when the Zip shows it as being fully charged. There is sufficient battery charge to run the Fitbit but not enough to sync with my phone or PC. I replaced the battery with a new CR2025 and all is well (again).

I had last replaced the battery on 2/28/2019, so it was 2 months old. I tested the old battery and it registered 2.87V, which is low for a 3V battery.

Even taking the battery out and putting it back in may work for a time or two, but the problem is that the battery probably needs to be replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I just put a new battery in about 2 weeks ago.   Could the battery be bad???  After reading all the comments on the Zip I think it's probably the Zip that is bad.  Fed up with Fitbit in general.  I called Fitbit last week with a different problem & really did not get satisfying help.  I'm done! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have a volt meter, test the battery. A new battery may have been on the shelf for a year. I buy Energizer batteries from a store with high traffic. If the battery is good, it's probably the Fitbit.

Harvey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will give it a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped synching, I changed the battery and it worked but now it's been two days without synching. It's very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How long was the new battery in before it stopped syncing?

Harvey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Harvey, only one or two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
From most likely to least likely,
1. Something is draining the Fitbit's battery, such as the all-day sync setting or leaving the Fitbit app on a phone or tablet running, even in the background.
2. Bad or inferior battery. Maybe old stock, even if you just bought it. Energizer batteries simply last longer. I routinely get at least 2 months out of my Energizer CR2025 batteries.
3. Failing/bad Zip. Not as likely, but it happens.

Harvey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Leaving the Fitbit app running on your phone or tablet really eats up the battery quickly. I use the app every morning to sync my Zip and then immediately end the app. Also, in settings, turn off all-day sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. The battery is full but it just doesn't sync. The Fitbit is 4 years old so perhaps it's had it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That could well be.

Harvey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know. I am so frustrated. Thinking about getting a small pedometer.
They work good but it doesn't log it. 😩
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zip not syncing to your phone has nothing to do with the battery and everything to do with Android 9.0 (Pie). Your Zip will most likely still sync to a phone or tablet running an older version of android. Multiple threads about this issue on this forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. I have a android phone so that very well
could be the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've recently upgraded my phone but it did sync a few times before stopping all together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using a fresh battery makes no difference for me. With my S10+ or OnePlus 6T, changing the battery (or simply removing and reinstalling it) does allow me to get a couple syncs, but it always stops syncing a short bit of time later.

With my S8, which is on an older version of Android, I have ZERO sync issues with the Zip; it syncs almost immediately every time that I open the app. The same goes for my PC at the office; it syncs with the Zip every time I that I open the FitBit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So, for you, it's an OS issue.

Harvey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is an iPhone, so it looks like our problems are different. When mine won't sync with my phone, it won't sync with my PC either.

Harvey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Indeed; as it appears to be for most.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I unpaired my Fitbit and tried to pair it again but it Fitbit is rejecting the pairing!

Best Answer
0 Votes