Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a zip so am unable to recharge the battery. Each time I put in a new
battery, it lasts a maximum of 1 month. The present battery was put into
the zip last Monday and by Thursday the zip was indicating that the battery
was almost nil. I followed the suggestions to make sure the toggles were
aligned properly so that the battery sat level and that improved the
battery life a bit but on Tuesday of this week I rec'd another message that
the battery should be replaced.

--
Ruta

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PamBr @Rutar50! Well, in this case my best advice would be contact Fitbit Customer Support by calling at calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. Make sure to tell them the steps you've already done, I'm pretty sure they will take a good care of you two.

Don't lose the hope yet! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

mine has been the same. I ended up buying a big pack of batteries from amazon. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PamBr @Rutar50! Well, in this case my best advice would be contact Fitbit Customer Support by calling at calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. Make sure to tell them the steps you've already done, I'm pretty sure they will take a good care of you two.

Don't lose the hope yet! Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Five weeks is about as long as I get with major name batteries, the cheapos don't last that long.  Might get a One next, too many arm motions at work for a bracelet version.

Best Answer

So sad @oledave @LLK612Smiley Sad But thanks for the comments given here. Fitbit is constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. I'll forward this thread to our Fitbit team in order to improve the quality of our products. 

Don't lose the hope yet, I encourage you to contact Fitbit Support; they are always glad to help! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
I am experiencing the same issues as others. I am a huge fan of the Zip, have been using it for nearly 2 years. It has gotten worse over the years, chewing through batteries (even after I've adjusted settings to manually sync. I am based in Sydney, is there an Australian support number I can call?
Best Answer

Hi Maria (if you are still out there)

I recently started using a new/old Fitbit Zip  (original washed too many times). It was a team gift for a project last summer but I didn't start using it until 5 weeks ago. 

The original battery lasted about 4 weeks but it was at least a year old  - didn't think much about it at the time. However i have had to replace the battery 3 times in 4 days.  The longest battery life 20 hrs, and I selected batteries from more than one package.

This battery life issue started immediately after I downloaded an update to the tracker program. Could there be any connection between the connection program and sudden rapid battery drain?

I did notice an update for the tracker is available but a sudden change to batteries draining in less than a day doesn't sound like firmware. Any suggestions for a Zip only used 5 weeks?

Best Answer

I updated my firmware then replaced my battery an hour ago (4th time this week) and it indicated full.

Just re-synced and checked the battery level and after 1 hour it says 1/2 full.  yippee - draining even faster

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues!!!

Best Answer

Hey there @MV-Aus@homebrewer1, and @xenaFB! This is not normal or expected Zip's behaviour, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zip.png

If after doing this, you continue to experience the same, you can get in touch with us any time at http://contact.fitbit.com or by calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends.

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck! Cat Wink

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. Initially my batteries lasted for months, then weeks and now just days. I don't know what's changed but I can't afford to keep my Zip operating much longer.
Best Answer

Hey there @GlenP! Have you tried the troubleshot suggested above? If so, please contact Support as @MarreFitbit suggested in her previous post.

Good luck and keep us posted! 🙂 

Best Answer

A new fitbit zip is being sent to me because I've had it less than a year. My fitbit is not damaged, the contacts are fine. Nothing is bent or worn. It looks exactly like the day it arrived in the mail. The only problem is it eats batteries like crazy now. The last battery lasted less than a day.

Best Answer

Thank you for keeping me post @xenaFB! It's really good to know that you will be back on track really soon! 🙂 

If you need further assistance or have any other questions, please feel free to post back! 😉

Best Answer

I replaced my battery 6/16/15,   I got the flashing low and email yesterday 8/18/15 (AFTER I logged my gym classes and the battery showed high at 6am)    - I ignored since I knew the battery was 2 months old, and past experience with Zip proved this to be a reasonable approach.  Around 2pm the battery showed 'high'.
This morning at 4am I was showing 9756 steps and 9:12a when I got out of bed- must have been a rough night.   By 7:12AM  I was back at 0 steps.   By 8am the display was dead.
Replaced the battery in my zip-    put the 'dead' battery in my husband's zip ---where it is working perfectly(or what passes as perfectly, for a Zip).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @eleesabailey! My best advice would be to contact Fitbit Support directly, they'll be glad to do a deeper investigation to see if something is going wrong with your buddy. When emailing them, don't forget to mention all the steps you've already tried to avoid getting the same ones.

Don't lose the hope my friend! Woman Very Happy 

Best Answer

Ditto on the battery life - but now I am just over the year on owning the fitbit (already had one replaced).  Still trying to use it though as it has been motivating me.

Something interesting - today I tried  2 brand new CR2025 batteries - neither worked - blank screen on the Zip   Tested both the batteries with a voltmeter and they are 100%.   So on a whim, I put in a CR2032 and lo and behold - it works fine.    Going to see how long this type lasts versus the other ones that weren't lasting more than a month.   

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing that information with us @zeusmoose! Don't hesitate to get back to me if the new battery doesn't work as expected, I'll be taking care of you my friend Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a problem with my battery first one lasted 6 months second on  40 days on third one now see how long this one will last. Love my Fitbit Zip wish battery was bettery they are name brand. Do I need to go for other more expensive Fitbit ones to wear?

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Sunwalker18, welcome! Well, we recommend to purchase a new 3V coin battery, CR2025. If you've bought a different one but you see it's working with it, go ahead and test the battery with your Zip to calculate if with the one it works as expected. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer