Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a zip so am unable to recharge the battery. Each time I put in a new
battery, it lasts a maximum of 1 month. The present battery was put into
the zip last Monday and by Thursday the zip was indicating that the battery
was almost nil. I followed the suggestions to make sure the toggles were
aligned properly so that the battery sat level and that improved the
battery life a bit but on Tuesday of this week I rec'd another message that
the battery should be replaced.

--
Ruta

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
100 REPLIES 100

@WilmaBlue Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Try to update your tracker to its latest version. You will find the instructions on that link. Also, here are some tips on how to maximize the life of your Zip's battery. Also, restart your tracker. The battery should work properly. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I'm on my second Zip, soon to be third. I started getting low battery notices, then it would show full battery on the next sync. Today it showed the dead battery icon. When I took the old battery out, I tested it on my digital voltmeter, and it showed 2.7 volts left on a 3 volt battery. Not what I would expect. Did all the usual troubleshooting, still showed dead battery with 2.7V left. So, I called Fitbit and they are sending me a replacement. Until that gets here, my old Zip will work with the fresh battery I stuck in it, which btw measured 3.2V on the meter.

In case anybody is wondering, the old battery (2.7V) was in there for maybe 2-3 months, with All Day Sync enabled. I would think that if you're not getting at least that kind of life out of your battery, you may have a dud Zip.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only get 2-3 months on my batteries I wish I could get more I would like to try the Fitbit hr. If I could get a good deal

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge on the HR is about 36 hours for me

Sent from my iPad.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed by battery one week ago and today I had to replace it again.  I have only owned it for a couple months and I have checked all the contacts which seem to be as described.  I walked over 3 miles today and it says I have only taken 36 steps....it is proving to be a frustrating new toy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My battery only last 3 months. My battery just went blank and had to put new one in. No notifications on fit zip or app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting less than a month from a battery. A battery put in 4 days ago, shows medium. I tried all the trouble shooting suggestions. Nothing seems to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me I had the problem, but things went back to normal when I got a small glasses type screwdriver and bent and played with the contacts until it looked like they had to be in contact. The one I worked on was the contact holding the battery in on the lower right side.  it took some time, but it worked.  I should have done like a lot of people and just called customer service and got a new one as there had to be some issues with quality control as I had to "mess around with the contacts" until I got it working. 

I also noticed that the different batteries I bought did not seem to be exact as compared to each other. Very slight differences when drew circles on paper, weighed them and compared.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've adjusted the contacts too. I use Duracell. Batteries shouldn't be an
issue. Thanks for replying.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Here's the key to get five months on a battery:
1. Insert new battery
2. Put Zip in a secure location, i.e. Where the display does not come on
3. Battery lasts 5 months

Sent from my iThingy
Best Answer

Qustion regarding fitbit icon:

The third icon after the time, a "chubby looking flame" appears, what does it mean.  (Maybe calories?)  When I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen, it gave me the number 399.  Yesterday after a three mile walk,  the "chubby face" recorded 1,300, but my nike app in my iphone, under calories is said 250.

Please let me know what the icon means.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@elva1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That icon means the calories you have burned. You will see a number of calories everyday even if you have not moved, that is because the dashboard will calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). The calories burned you see will be the actual calories you have burned for the day plus the ones burned through your BMR.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I've had my Fitbit Zip for three days and already it's showing that the battery if half drained! I've followed the instructions about checking the firmware and that's up to date, the zip is set for manual syncing and I don't look at it often so am not constantly tapping it. Very disappointed with my new purchase.
Best Answer
Update- I got my replacement Zip back in early March, and it's been 3.5 months so far without any problems. I have gotten a couple of notices that my battery is low, but that's gone back to full after a sync or two. I've probably jinxed it now, but, so far, so good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke with customer service and they sent me a new one. The only fix
that worked for me. 😃
Best Answer
I spoke to Fitbit and they replaced my Zip two months ago.....no problems
until today and now my battery is dead again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My last batter has only lasted three weeks. I just looked at the symbol andit showed empty. the batteries used to last four months.  This is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received my replacement ZIP on May 30th.  The battery died on July 9. No display at all and no update to the dashboard.   After reading all of the posts concerning short battery life, I called customer support.  They had me remove the battery and wait 10 seconds before reinstalling. Still no display. Voltage was 2.48V.  Based on some of the posts, the display was always on causing a constant battery drain.   After 1/2 hour, the voltage increased to 2.65V.  I really don't want to take the battery out every night while I'm sleeping.  I will turn off the smiley face; don't know if that will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Very upset over battery first one month and half maybe now after just 3 days this one says to change??? Cant change cuz dont have one. Be nice if you just replace fit bit one that messed up, at least can recharge. But that's why i got zip it said 4-6 months!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just received a replacement FitBit. It looks like it may have been used before. The battery was not sealed in plastic. I only got 5 weeks on the last battery. The literature says 4 to 6 months. I haven't made it past 3 months yet, since my first Fit Bit in November.

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes