Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery is draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got this Zip for Christmas this year, it was brand new. So I’ve only had it for 5 months. They no longer carry the Zip now I see. What to do? Did we spend $100 on a dud? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @LeahKalish  the Zip was retired about four years ago. I have a friend who is using one that is going on seven or eight years old. If the battery is draining, be sure you're using the right battery. My friend uses Energizer brand CR2025 batteries and they work fine with a good long life. If it's draining rapidly on you, try a fresh battery and see if that helps you. When new, the Zip was $59.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for 6 years and this week I’ve changed the battery TWICE!  I’m thinking it was the last update…hopefully hopefully they are trying to push Zip users into buying an updated model.  The batteries aren’t cheap.  I just want a pedometer…that’s all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I last posted this my battery has died again. It’s clearly a product issue and not the battery. My first battery lasted 3+ months. And yes, now I’ve spent $30 on batteries. Maybe why this item was discontinued. My first Fitbit one that I bought in 2012 was so solid and lasted 6 years! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did too!  Just changed it the first of the week and again today.  Went from 100% to 15% since Thursday. Battery was new and test good on the meter…it’s not a battery problem!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me and it can not be the battery because the are from different sources. I have done the pole to pole in 5 years.

When I ignore the warning the battery strength  returns to expected levels and the game begins again. The whole thing is probably driven by a software upgrade which is increasing the battery strength level that triggers the warning. Some printer companies have done this to make you use only OEM replacement ink cartridges and more frequently than necessary.

If Fitbit want to kill off the zip I would like an up-to-date replacement with similar functionality that can sit in my pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aylesbymy friend finds Energizer batteries from Amazon work well. Seems the ones from Walmart, same brand and size, just don't work as well. It's hard to tell what's going on, but as long as the Zip manages to sync, that's all that counts. Some of the wrist based newer Fitbit styles can be worn with a clip. They do need to be charged via usb, but at least there are clips that can be used.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes