Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery only lasts 6 - 8 weeks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought batteries were supposed to last 4 - 6 months!  

Love my fit-bit ZIP but really dislike that I have to replace the battery every 6 or 7 weeks.

Purchased my ZIP in mid April because my aging FLEX was giving me grief.  And now as we go into August I have to buy battery #3! At $5.00 each, I will have spent the cost of the device on batteries in a year's time. This is making me rethink the need for a step tracker at all!  

Frustrated  😞 

Marie 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Sbender919 and @MKNH, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

@MKNH I'm glad to hear that it worked for you. Super!

@Sbender919 Thanks for trying all the suggested step, but as you mentioned that your Zip is two months old we might have to see other details about its functionality; so our team will be reaching you out to get more information from you. 

Let me know if you have questions. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am lucky to get 2 weeks per battery on my ZIP

Best Answer
0 Votes

My zip has used up 2 batteries in 5 weeks.  I tried lifting the metal tab as suggested and it still shows up as 15% battery life

Best Answer
0 Votes
I disconnected the daily updates on my computer and it did extend the battery life.  I still only get maybe 4-5 weeks..I think I'm done..unless they come up with a rechargeable battery like the old zip.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Help.  I was adjusting that tiny positive terminal - it has worked for me before as you described.  But now the positive terminal came off!  I still have it.  Can it be reattached somehow?

Best Answer
0 Votes