Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery only lasts 6 - 8 weeks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought batteries were supposed to last 4 - 6 months!  

Love my fit-bit ZIP but really dislike that I have to replace the battery every 6 or 7 weeks.

Purchased my ZIP in mid April because my aging FLEX was giving me grief.  And now as we go into August I have to buy battery #3! At $5.00 each, I will have spent the cost of the device on batteries in a year's time. This is making me rethink the need for a step tracker at all!  

Frustrated  😞 

Marie 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @mb0061! I really appreciate that you have shared your experience with Fitbit and all the time you have spent fixing this issue. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when the metal spring is bent. I would recommend checking the spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Thanks for stopping by @mb0061! I really appreciate that you have shared your experience with Fitbit and all the time you have spent fixing this issue. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when the metal spring is bent. I would recommend checking the spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

Thank you Lucy

I must admit I was pretty skeptical - how could the posts be bent when I only changed the battery once? 

but I followed you diagram advice - and voila!  well not quite that fast!  My battery showed in the red zone for the first few minutes.  After about five minutes, it was orange, and ten minutes later it shows full!  

So for the time being, I have a full battery and am back on track! I urge everyone who is experiencing similar problems with the ZIP to try this little fix before giving up completely! 

Thanks again  

Marie 

Best Answer

Also had this issue. Thanks, your suggestion also worked for me!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

My batteries generally last six to seven weeks. I bought 25 Sony batteries for $1.00 apiece on Amazon in Dec 2016. I've used eight of them. They don't seem to lose any charge with storage as the last batteries last as long as the first. I figure about 12 cents a week is better than playing with a charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @mb0061, and @CHinPD! So good to hear that you are back on track, and I was able to helped you. I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 🙂 

Welcome to the Forums @GershonSurge! Have you tried the suggestion on my previous post? If not let me know, I'd love to help you back on track. 

Keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all the tricks suggested to fix the battery drain problem, but none of them are of any use. My battery drains every 4-6 weeks. I've lost count of how many batteries I've changed so far.

Very frustrated. May this is the reason Fitbit stock price has lost value badly since its inception

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @SunsetRunner147! I appreciate the time you have invested trying to fix your Zip's battery issue. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

P.S. While you wait for Support, please take a look to our Warranty policies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same situation...new Fitbit and have to change battery often.  Tried this solution and it doesn't work for me.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mb0061 wrote:

I thought batteries were supposed to last 4 - 6 months!  

Love my fit-bit ZIP but really dislike that I have to replace the battery every 6 or 7 weeks.

Purchased my ZIP in mid April because my aging FLEX was giving me grief.  And now as we go into August I have to buy battery #3! At $5.00 each, I will have spent the cost of the device on batteries in a year's time. This is making me rethink the need for a step tracker at all!  

Frustrated  😞 

Marie 

Well ... that was a short lived fix! 

As of noon today, my battery is completely drained. Even re-positioning the posts did not help.  😞  

Not sure yet what my next "step" will be 

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least your battery lasted 6 weeks. I just got my zip today and the battery is already dead after just one day....not impressed with this company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucy - my zip is new and my battery did not last 12 hours. I tried to bend the connectors even though it was a new zip and the battery I used is the one that came with it. Is there a real solution to this issue that everyone is having or would it be in my best interest to return the merchandise since it is a faulty design? 

Best Answer

My indicator has said the battery is dead but if I wait, the indicator will show that it is okay. I replaced the first battery(which could have been on the shelf for sometime) but the second one has lasted all summer

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a chat on their website. They are sending me a new one! We shall
see if that one works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @MRS1972! Is good to hear that Support was able to help and that a new tracker in on the way. 

It's nice to see you here @mb0061 and @OKC-Mike! I appreciate that you have let me know that my suggestions above didn't work. To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Thanks for stopping by @Metoo5! Have you checked the suggestion on my previous post, sometimes a bend spring may be the issue. 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent me a new one a few weeks ago for similar battery issues. The new one is having the same problem. New batteries are saying they are low in days, it bounces back, then says low again. I too followed their suggestions of adjusting the connection inside. It does not work. I think they just want us to get frustrated and buy one of the more expensive models. I am going to contact them again today. Perhaps it's a software issue? We cannot all be buying bad batteries. Anyone have any other new info from them?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also revived a new Fitbit, and it just told me after a couple months the
battery is low. But then when I go into Fitbit it says it's fully
charged! Weird.
Best Answer

Welcome @tmdb and thanks for the reply @MRS1972! I'd like to advise you to, restart your Zip. Also, log out from the app and reboot your phone. Once your phone is up, log back in and start a new sync.

Keep me posted! 

P.S. Regarding if there is a software issue, the only similar is Tracker not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update on Flex, One, and Zip trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The suggestion worked immediately. Thanks 

Best Answer

I just replaced my battery 4 days ago and it is already dead. I just checked the pins, as suggested in this solution, and it makes no difference. This zip is only 2 months old. I should get better life than this, right?? 

Best Answer