Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip distance is incorrect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Brand new to zip and fitbit so I know I walked 2 miles tonight and it shows I have 9758 steps for the daily total but its showing only .36 for miles.   I put in my stride as 2.1 but when I measured it, it was actually 1.6 but that came up short when I used my height times .413...I am all confused, any help figuring this out.  I am 5'2" but I would like to know really what the distance is for the steps I walked each day why isnt zip calculating more miles then just .36 for almost 10,000 steps! 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How you doing my friend @JoanneS.? Welcome! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing all this information in your post, you've put a lot of work into this; I'll do my best to help you out with your inquiry. First of all, I'd like to mention that as you might know the distance that you're getting on you Dashboard is determine by the number of steps that your Fitbit tracks, so we will have to check that information in a deeper way. Smiley Wink

I'd like to know how you're wearing your Fitbit in your walks. Your Fitbit Zip is designed to be worn close to the body. A shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband are all ideal places to wear your Fitbit. Always use the silicone holder when clipping Zip to a bra or waistband; your Zip should not be worn in close contact with the skin. 

To help with the accuracy of your Zip, ensure that you’re wearing the clip-based device in the correct location:

User-added imageUser-added image User-added image

You can also check that you've entered your height correctly on the Settings, as you mentioned that you are 5'2" tall, please go to the Fitbit.com Dashboard and confirm this information there. Since we use height to estimate your walking and running stride lengths, you may want to measure and manually adjust these values if your legs are longer or shorter than average. Smiley Embarassed

For more information, see How do I measure and adjust stride length for my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

How you doing my friend @JoanneS.? Welcome! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing all this information in your post, you've put a lot of work into this; I'll do my best to help you out with your inquiry. First of all, I'd like to mention that as you might know the distance that you're getting on you Dashboard is determine by the number of steps that your Fitbit tracks, so we will have to check that information in a deeper way. Smiley Wink

I'd like to know how you're wearing your Fitbit in your walks. Your Fitbit Zip is designed to be worn close to the body. A shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband are all ideal places to wear your Fitbit. Always use the silicone holder when clipping Zip to a bra or waistband; your Zip should not be worn in close contact with the skin. 

To help with the accuracy of your Zip, ensure that you’re wearing the clip-based device in the correct location:

User-added imageUser-added image User-added image

You can also check that you've entered your height correctly on the Settings, as you mentioned that you are 5'2" tall, please go to the Fitbit.com Dashboard and confirm this information there. Since we use height to estimate your walking and running stride lengths, you may want to measure and manually adjust these values if your legs are longer or shorter than average. Smiley Embarassed

For more information, see How do I measure and adjust stride length for my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes