Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip is erasing Steps when I sync and can't keep time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been had my zip a little over a year and have taken great care of it. I change the battery often so as not to get too low. I am VERY disappointed now that it can't keep time and keeps erasing steps--over 18,000 last Thursday and over 10,000 today! I go to sync and it just disappears even though I just saw that it had them recorded on the zip. So disappointing. These products should last more than a year.
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Community @JCScarb! Oh, sounds pretty bad that your Fitbit Zip is erasing steps and it is not keeping the correct time. If you already followed the steps to fix syncing issues and the issues persists, then I suggest you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly and let them know about this. I'm pretty sure they will find an alternative solution for you. 

Have a great day! Smiley Very Happy

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same troubles with my Fitbit zip. Every time I manually sync through the app, it’ll erase all my steps for the day and start over at 0! Very frustrating. I’ve read everyone’s suggestions and even called customer service, which wasn’t of help. I decided to try leaving my Bluetooth on always, all day, and haven’t had a problem since!! I’m hoping this resolves this problem. Worth trying! 

Best Answer

Same. Still no answer; Fitbit apathy for two weeks now with no response or end in sight.  Switching to G A R M I N today.  Hopefully they have better service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no answers; Fitbit apathy for two weeks now with no response or end in sight.  I have two zip Fitbits for sale, cheap.  Switching to GARMIN today.  Hopefully they have better service.

Best Answer
0 Votes