Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip looses steps and change time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zip goes crazy, isn't keeping proper time, looses steps. Time will reset when I'm sitting at the computer even when not logged on to Fitbit. When that happens, all the steps disappear. I've changed batteries and it doesn't help.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @dharsac! I'll be glad to help. This is an odd situation, your Zip should not be changing your time or clearing your steps all of a sudden. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums @dharsac! I'll be glad to help. This is an odd situation, your Zip should not be changing your time or clearing your steps all of a sudden. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Best Answer

yes, it seemed to help, after a few days it reverted to it's problem state, so I raised the negative a little more and it is now working properly!     Thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @dharsac! So good to hear that you are back on track! 😉 I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes