Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been getting a low battery warning for a couple weeks. I changed my battery this morning and now my Zip doesn't seem to be working. The display lights up and changes when I tap my Zip but steps aren't being counted. I already tried resetting my Zip and verified the spring is in the right place. I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Anyone from Fitbit got any answers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community @Jimaly and @Dbilky! Can you please confirm that you followed theses steps to restart your Zip

Also, log out from the app and reboot your phone. Once your phone is up log back in. If this doesn't help please try setting up your tracker as a replacement device.

Keep me posted with the outcome! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. It has been burning through batteries, and now with a new battery it lights up, display changes, but no steps, distance or calories are counted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the suggested steps and unfortunately it did not help. I have tried re-synching as well. It's really frustrating, as I only bought it 6 months ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did a web chat with customer service, and they are replacing mine free of charge.

Try:

https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Chefsf! I'm glad that Support was able to help. Smiley Very Happy I appreciate your feedback regarding our products, this help us to keep improving them. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more! Give it a look! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes