Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing after getting wet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

About a few weeks ago I dropped my fitbit zip in the toilet (after I had done my business, eek!). Even though the Zips are water proof, I was still afraid of water damage. I rescued it, put it in a bowl of rice to dry it out, and bought a new battery. I hadn't tried using it for a few weeks because laziness. Now I just began using it again and I'm noticing some damage. My steps don't sync to my iphone, my steps did not reset to 0, and the time is not right on the device. I was wondering if I should contact Fitbit customer service? I know that they are really reliable. Should I tell them my situation and ask if they could deliver a new Zip or give me credit to buy a completely new Fitbit device? Would they even do that? I'm not sure because I caused the damage though it was accidental. Let me know your thoughts please!

Thanks,

Jules

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello and welcome to the forums @JulesyPH

The Zip is not waterproof. The Flex 2 is the only waterproof Fitbit.

You can read about the Zip in the manual - click- page 9.

If it doesn't act properly, you'll want to get a new Fitbit. The warranty information is here - click

Why not take a look at all the styles of Fitbits out there and compare them. You might find a new buddy.

Let us know what you decide. It's always fun to get a new Fitbit!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer