Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing with computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Zip for almost 2 years now and recently it started NOT syncing through the doggle on my computer. I've done the remove battery for a few minutes, replaced the battery.

And usually after a few minutes of it sitting on the desk it should go into a shut-off mode but the smiley face stays on.

Another syncing issue is it is 3:55pm here and on the dashboard it says last sync was 4:20pm today. Do I have a Delorean Zip?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @greg1229! This sounds odd. Please try the following steps: 

1. Make sure your wireless sync dongle (the smaller USB device that came with your tracker) is plugged into a working USB port and make sure you have an Internet connection. 
2. Confirm that the Fitbit Connect application recognizes your dongle by right clicking the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer. You should see "USB Dongle Connected." 
3. If you see "USB Dongle Disconnected," please insert your dongle into a different USB port on your computer. 
4. If you see "USB Dongle Connected," attempt to manually sync your tracker. To do so, click the Fitbit Connect icon and then click “Sync Now.” 
5. Try restarting your tracker following these steps.

If you are still having trouble syncing your tracker, please reinstall Fitbit Connect by doing the following: 

1. Uninstall Fitbit Connect 
- On a PC: Open Control Panel > Programs and Features > Select Fitbit Connect > Uninstall 
- On a Mac: search for Fitbit Connect in your Downloads folder. Open the file, then click the Uninstall Icon. 
2. Download the newest software version from www.fitbit.com/setup and follow the prompts. 
3. After reinstalling the software, please try to manually sync your tracker. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for stopping by @greg1229! This sounds odd. Please try the following steps: 

1. Make sure your wireless sync dongle (the smaller USB device that came with your tracker) is plugged into a working USB port and make sure you have an Internet connection. 
2. Confirm that the Fitbit Connect application recognizes your dongle by right clicking the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer. You should see "USB Dongle Connected." 
3. If you see "USB Dongle Disconnected," please insert your dongle into a different USB port on your computer. 
4. If you see "USB Dongle Connected," attempt to manually sync your tracker. To do so, click the Fitbit Connect icon and then click “Sync Now.” 
5. Try restarting your tracker following these steps.

If you are still having trouble syncing your tracker, please reinstall Fitbit Connect by doing the following: 

1. Uninstall Fitbit Connect 
- On a PC: Open Control Panel > Programs and Features > Select Fitbit Connect > Uninstall 
- On a Mac: search for Fitbit Connect in your Downloads folder. Open the file, then click the Uninstall Icon. 
2. Download the newest software version from www.fitbit.com/setup and follow the prompts. 
3. After reinstalling the software, please try to manually sync your tracker. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes